Senior IT Strategy Consultant (UK- Telco)
The Hi-tech & Telco Consulting Practice is an important part of Gartner’s current success. To support our future ambitions, we are seeking a talented Senior Consultant to play a key role in the further development of this sector.
As one of our talented strategy consultants you will be given the opportunity to work on some of the most innovative and exciting business-centric and technology-driven engagements in the marketplace today. Gartner’s strategy, which you will be implementing, is to focus on a small number of clients, with whom we will build strategic relationships, based on consulting capabilities in world class areas of expertise:
- IT Strategy
- Digital Strategy and Transformation
- IT Cost Optimisation
- Applications Modernisation (including ERP)
- Infrastructure Modernisation
- IT Security
Led by our Managing Partners, we develop long-lasting relationships with select clients by selling and delivering large, high impact engagements focused on our clients‘ most important IT initiatives, using repeatable solutions based on distinctive capabilities and a high degree of industry relevance in our top talent engagement teams.
What does Gartner Consulting offer you?
- A world-class consulting environment
- The opportunity to work on cutting edge IT strategy engagements with a tier one client portfolio
- A competitive salary
- Structured bonus based on individual and corporate performance
- Opportunities for promotion with a clear defined career development structure
- Opportunity to participate actively in the development and future of Gartner Consulting
- A dynamic but relaxed and supportive working environment that encourages personal development
As a successful Senior Consultant, you will:
- Gain understanding of the engagement objectives, of the client's strategy, environment and constraints and assure that recommendations can be implemented;
- Assist our clients in successfully managing their technology investments and define their “Go-to-Market” IT strategies
- Analyze Gartner Research, leverage Gartner Consulting IP and methodologies, and prepare written reports and management presentations of analysis and recommendations;
- Leverage mastered methodologies such as financial analysis, causal analysis, risk analysis and standard consulting management skills such as facilitation, interview, etc.
- Develop and maintain client relationships;
- Illustrate Gartner world-class brand by attitude and mind-set.
- Minimum of 5 years professional and consulting experience and a minimum of 3 years consulting experience from a top management or IT professional services firm;
- MBA qualification desirable;
- Significant IT industry understanding; experience in the telco sector advantageous;
- Demonstrable project management skills and experience;
- Strong work ethic and willingness to travel and work in a diverse international environment;
- Cross-sector and functional experience highly desirable;
- Expertise with strategic consulting frameworks and financial principles such as budgeting, asset valuation and net present value;
- Ability to analyze problems and create business cases using a variety of tools (e.g. Excel);
- Ability to make informed decisions and seek and accept guidance and coaching from team;
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills (ideally in critical political environments);
- Aptitude for critical and analytical thinking as well as the capacity to accept out-of-the box solutions.
- Ability to synthesis and translate complex technical aspects into business terms and define from business objectives and constraints complex technical solutions;
- Autonomous, positive thinker, highly flexible and willing to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Willingness to be based in our Egham office and travel as required (potentially several days per week).
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top