Senior IT Security Engineer
- Arlington, VA
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
About this role: This is a new role, created to support Gartner’s evolving information security program and initiatives. You will a ssist with managing risk to Gartner’s reputation, customers and Information Technology by providing engineering assistance in implementation and operationalization of cyber security solutions across the enterprise
What you will do:
- Assist with building and implementing tools to automate security monitoring and tasks
- Assist with review of security-sensitive aspects of applications and systems
- Assist with developing solutions to help mitigate security vulnerabilities quickly and efficiently
- Assist with or lead security projects from design, implementation to operational phase.
- Assist with and collaborate with third party penetration-testing firms
What you will need:
- Bachelors degree in Information Systems,Information Technology, or equivalent.
- 5 years of experience in IT.
- Experience with software development skills on modern languages like Python (Preferred) or Ruby.
- Industry experience in the field of cyber-security or networking.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills; commitment to team collaboration, training and mentoring
- Familiar with security best practices in IaaS/PaaS services such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud
- Emphasis on Azure. Hands on knowledge of Azure, Azure configuration, Azure service use and security is especially important
- Deep knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Azure PaaS features
o Hands on experience on Azure App Service Model (Web Apps, Mobile Apps, API Apps and Web Jobs)
o Hands on experience on Azure storage services like SQL DB, Tables, Files and Blobs
o Hands on experience with Azure API Management Service
o Hands on experience in Microservice development on Azure using Container Service and Service Fabric
o Hands on experience of executing cloud native projects in Azure with DevOps using VSTS along with Microsoft as well as Open Source Tools
o Hands on experience on Azure Integration services like Service Bus and Event Hubs
o Good knowledge of Azure IaaS (VMs, VNET, NSG Rules, VPN Gateways and Express Route)
o Creating, deploying, configuring and scaling applications on Windows Azure PaaS
• Non-Technical Requirements
o Excellent Communication Skill
o Proven Customer Consulting Experience
- Development experience with some application frameworks like – Python (Preferred) or Ruby.
- Commitment to documentation and tracking results via enterprise ticketing/collaboration platforms
- Experience working with fast-paced operations/dev teams and DevOps practices
- Background in Linux and *nix operating systems
- Foundational understanding in application security, cryptography, PKI, network security, security in server less environments and micro services based architecture
- Familiarity with security assessment tools like Metasploit, Burp suite, Wireshark etc.
- Understanding of concepts with Web Applications Firewalls and DLP
Who you are:
- Motivated, high-potential performer, with demonstrated ability to influence and lead
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change
- Teachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mind set are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Job Requisition ID:40181
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top