Senior Director of Business Analytics
- Darien, CT
What makes Gartner Conferences a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you'll be a part of a team that serves more than 75,000 business and technology leaders at 75+ global conferences each year. You’ll work with curious, motivated people, have unlimited growth opportunities, and learn about the latest in technology and business. Our Conferences team is growing in double digits and is positioned to exceed that growth in 2019 and beyond. If you enjoy challenging yourself, connecting with people and pushing the limits of your career, Gartner is the place for you.
As the fastest-growing business unit in Gartner, our Worldwide Conferences team serves more than 70,000 business and technology leaders from around the globe through 60+ conferences each year. With annual revenue in excess of $340 million, we consistently achieve double-digit growth rates — and we’re actively investing in our Conferences Strategy and Operations team to achieve even higher growth in 2018 and beyond. And with the recent acquisition of CEB and Evanta, we now have a platform to enable exponential growth into new business functions including HR, Marketing, Sales, and more.
About the role:
The Senior Director of Business Analytics will be responsible for leading our analytics team that enables Gartner Conferences marketing and sales teams in achieving their commercial goals. This person will have three primary responsibilities:
1. Helping solve strategic, commercial challenges facing the Conferences business . This will require partnering with the Vice President, Conferences Business Analytics & Performance to identify and then solve complex commercial challenges using data. This role will be responsible for the day-to-day management of these projects, utilizing his/her team to define and implement creative solutions that drive meaningful commercial impact – increased event attendance, retention or Sponsorship revenue. Representative project:
Defining a strategy to increase retention of conference exhibitors.
2. Using data/analytics to answer critical commercial questions . This will require leading the analysis of different data sets and developing predictive models that drive commercial outcomes. This role should have experience framing / scoping business problems, identifying the most effective and efficient analytic methodologies to apply and then synthesizing outcomes into executive-level presentations. Representative project:
Analyzing attendee demographic and behavior datasets (e.g., RFID / CMX) to identify attendee personas that can be leveraged to customize onsite experience of different attendee segments of a particular conference.
3. Supporting the development of KPIs that assist business leaders in managing the business . This individual will partner with commercial leaders and the Business Performance team to define and design operating metrics. This will include exploratory analytics to support the identification of KPIs and to test appropriateness and predictiveness of future performance. KPIs will be handed over to the Business Performance team for the development and delivery of dashboards. Representative project:
Establishing key metrics to monitor the performance of our event prospect lead delivery process, to support coaching and increasing the role of marketing-driven leads in event attendance.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience: 7-10+ years of progressive business experience, strategy and/or consulting experience a must; Practical, intuitive problem solver with a demonstrated ability to translate business objectives into actionable data science tasks and translate quantitative analysis into actionable business strategies
- Predictive modeling/Data engineering: hands-on experience building predictive models with statistical and datamining tools (e.g., R or Python); Familiar with traditional data engineering tasks such as building analytical data records. Implement methodology, tools and processes that follow efficient techniques and development that meet and exceed the intent of the data solution
- Exceptional problem-solving capability: You have a proven track record of solving complex problems, thinking creatively and using data to tell a story
- Passion: You are intellectually curious and have the hunger to proactively and independently identify the opportunities where you can drive the most impact for the business
- Drive / Self-sufficiency: You have a demonstrated ability to own a problem and aggressively drive from problem statement to solution in a self-sufficient capacity, even in a matrixed environment
- Communication skills: You’re an excellent and structured verbal and written communicator with effective presentation and platform skills
- Executive presence: You have the ability to effectively engage, lead and influence senior Gartner executives - this role offers high visibility and access to senior Gartner leadership
- Strong core values: You demonstrate integrity, collaboration, a no-limits mindset, objectivity, and consistent results using global best practices
- Leadership experience: You’ve led successful initiatives, engaging teams and key stakeholders across business functions and all the way up the organizational ladder
- Influence: Must demonstrate a high level of collaboration and strong negotiation skills
- Education: Bachelor's degree required, Masters preferred
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading research and advisory company. We help business leaders across all major functions in every industry and enterprise size with the objective insights they need to make the right decisions.
Job Requisition ID:G18019
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top