Senior Director of Business Analytics
What makes Gartner Events a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner Worldwide Events you'll be a part of a team that serves more than 60,000 business and technology leaders, including over 8,000 CIOs, at 65+ events each year. You’ll work with smart people, receive continual investment in your talent and learn about the latest in all things digital. With annual event revenue expected to exceed $300 million, our events team has achieved double-digit growth and is positioned to exceed that growth in 2016 and beyond. If you enjoy challenge, connecting with people and are optimistic about your future, don’t miss this opportunity.
As the fastest-growing business unit in Gartner, our Worldwide Events team serves more than 70,000 business and technology leaders from around the globe through 60+ conferences each year. With annual revenue in excess of $340 million, we consistently achieve double-digit growth rates — and we’re actively investing in our Events Strategy and Operations team to achieve even higher growth in 2018 and beyond. And with the recent acquisition of CEB and Evanta, we now have a platform to enable exponential growth into new business functions including HR, Marketing, Sales, and more.
About the role:
The Senior Director of Business Analytics will be responsible for leading our analytics team that enables Gartner Events marketing and sales teams in achieving their commercial goals. This person will have three primary responsibilities:
1. Helping solve strategic, commercial challenges facing the Events business . This will require partnering with the Vice President, Events Business Analytics & Performance to identify and then solve complex commercial challenges using data. This role will be responsible for the day-to-day management of these projects, utilizing his/her team to define and implement creative solutions that drive meaningful commercial impact – increased event attendance, retention or Sponsorship revenue. Representative project:
Defining a strategy to actively manage event attendance mix to achieve our desired attendee composition by event
2. Using data / analytics to answer critical commercial questions . This will require leading the analysis of large data sets and developing predictive models that drive commercial outcomes. This role should have experience framing / scoping business problems, identifying the most effective and efficient analytic methodologies to apply and then synthesizing outcomes into executive-level presentations. Representative project:
Analyzing on-site attendee behavior datasets (e.g., RFID / CMX) to identify on-site behavior patterns that predict an increased likelihood of repeat attendance
3. Supporting the development of KPIs that assist business leaders in managing the business . This individual will partner with commercial leaders and the Business Performance team to define and design operating metrics. This will include exploratory analytics to support identification of KPIs and to test appropriateness and predictiveness of future performance. KPIs will be handed over to the Business Performance team for development and delivery of dashboards. Representative project:
Establishing key metrics to monitor performance of our event prospect lead delivery process, to support coaching and increasing the role of marketing-driven leads in event attendance.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience: 7-10+ years of progressive business experience, strategy and/or consulting experience a must; experience with statistical and datamining tools (e.g., R or Python) and PowerBI a plus
- Exceptional problem solving capability: You have a proven track record of solving complex problems, thinking creatively and using data to tell a story
- Passion: You are intellectually curious and have the hunger to proactively and independently identify the opportunities where you can drive the most impact for the business
- Drive / Self-sufficiency : You have a demonstrated ability to own a problem and aggressively drive from problem statement to solution in a self-sufficient capacity, even in a matrixed environment
- Communication skills: You’re an excellent and structured verbal and written communicator with effective presentation and platform skills
- Executive presence: You have the ability to effectively engage, lead and influence senior Gartner executives - this role offers high visibility and access to senior Gartner leadership
- Strong core values: You demonstrate integrity, collaboration, a no-limits mindset, objectivity, and consistent results using global best practices
- Leadership experience: You’ve led successful initiatives, engaging teams and key stakeholders across business functions and all the way up the organizational ladder
- Influence: Must demonstrate a high level of collaboration and strong negotiation skills
- Education: Bachelor's degree required, Masters preferred
Job Requisition ID:G18019
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Job ID G18019
Back to top