Senior Director, IT Strategy Consulting - ERP
Why is Gartner Consulting an organization unlike any other? Our consultants are technology and business thought leaders for the 21st century. With the full scope of Gartner’s renowned research and capabilities to draw from, our consultants are committed to turning those insights into actionable solutions for our clients. That’s where you come in. We’re committed to attracting the most creative, talented, and motivated associates to bring our world-class consultancy to the next level. When you join Gartner Consulting, you’ll lead the most innovative business and technology efforts in the marketplace today. You’ll work across Gartner to help senior leaders and their teams execute their most strategic initiatives and achieve lasting results - all within the context of a rapidly evolving digital economy.
Who we are
Gartner’s Consulting business is an extension of Gartner Research, advising Gartner’s clients on how to translate insights into transformational actions that meet their mission-critical strategic priorities. Gartner Consulting is growing at a rapid rate with massive potential to continue expanding into this base.
What we do
Technology Strategy Consulting. We help the C-suite make the right decisions based on how technology can transform their businesses. In today’s world, a consulting firm that is “born digital”, (with the ability to directly leverage the full power of Gartner’s research and insights) has relevance to the most important strategic decisions any business will make.
We deliver value to clients in areas such as IT Strategy Consulting, Benchmarking, Analytics and Optimization. Typically, this helps Gartner’s clients to execute on their strategic priorities, across all sectors, including:
- Digital Acceleration and Transformation
- Enterprise Enablement
- Big Data and Analytics
- Applications Rationalization
- Cloud Strategy
- Sourcing and Ecosystem Optimization
- Cost Optimization
- Security and Risk Management
What you’ll do
Our Consulting Senior Directors are responsible for high-level project delivery and oversight along with client relationship management. You will manage teams, and advise clients at the highest strategic level with both big-picture and tactical matters, focusing on how technology enables a wide range of business outcomes.
What you’ll need
- Deep knowledge of ERP and other enterprise applications, the software and service provider landscape, and how to leverage enterprise applications to drive business value
- Sufficient subject matter expertise in enterprise application selection, deployment, and management, to advise clients making major investments in enterprise applications to get a return on their investment
- Strong business acumen to communicate to c-suite clients about the health of the major enterprise applications initiatives and how to avoid risk and protect business value
- Experience in advising clients through application overhaul and modernization strategies including options analysis, organizational and technical readiness strategic architecture analysis, and solution migration and transition strategies
- Knowledge of leading-edge technologies that drive application design such as mobile, software and platform as a service, continuous availability, and service-oriented architectures/APIs
- Deep familiarity with the application/software development lifecycle (requirements, development, implementation, testing, deployment) including agile and waterfall methodologies, and how to advise clients through major application development efforts to ensure business outcomes are achieved
- Prior application support experience including release management, governance and/or change management, preferred
- Applications and solution consulting experience with a well-regarded firm, ideally combined with time spent managing and implementing software to understand operational nuances
- Strong technical capabilities coupled with the ability to clearly communicate the business value and bottom-line impacts of technology decisions to a non-technical audience
- A passion for client service and excellence in delivery that includes attention to detail, ability to prioritize and leverage a team.
- Travel to client sites required (on average 50% travel is required).
Who you are
- Comfortable selling to, influencing and building trust-based, value-added relationships with senior executives
- Successfully create top flight client solutions through a fast-paced delivery model
- Coachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- A consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
- Team player and team leader
- Track record in achieving / exceeding revenue targets preferred
Job Requisition ID:35139
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top