Senior Director, IT Disaster Recovery, Flexible North America Location
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing clients the unbiased insight and advice they need to make the right decisions every day. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you’ll help clients deliver on their mission-critical priorities, grow your career and increase your industry impact. We value hard workers — and reward you with unlimited opportunity. If you’re looking to explore what’s next in technology and business, Gartner is looking for you.
What makes Gartner Research a GREAT fit for you?
You are a team player who values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage.
You are always learning and looking to discover what’s next in technology and business.
You pursue personal excellence through team collaboration and consensus.
If this describes you, Gartner is looking for you! Gartner is an upbeat culture based on collaboration, teamwork, integrity and objectivity that values creativity and innovation. As a Gartner analyst, you’ll not only help clients solve complex challenges and deliver on key initiatives, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. We work hard — and we reward success with exceptional opportunity.
About this role:
This role in our IT Infrastructure and Operations (I&O) group creates thought leading research primarily focused on Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) as well as other DR related topics. This is accomplished through published research, conversations with clients (Inquiry), event presentations, teleconferences, and client meetings. It is important that you have a broad vision for the future trends and directions in disaster recovery from a technical and business perspective. Insight into other adjacent topics such as cloud migration would be valuable.
What you’ll do:
As a Gartner analyst you will meet with clients every day: on the phone, in a video-conference, from the stage at a Gartner event or face-to-face during a sales support visit. In every client interaction analysts help clients solve difficult puzzles that lead to better performance. To support these conversations you will research markets, practices and trends and produce written research for Gartner clients to download and apply.
Analyze how the DRaaS market is developing, help clients in their selection process and assist vendors in overall market positioning.
Conduct research and analysis in specific areas of expertise targeting client’s key initiatives.
Deliver high quality actionable advice through a variety of media.
Write high quality, clear, actionable, advisory research documents.
Remain ahead of the curve on developments and issues within these specified areas as well as applicable adjacent areas.
Respond to client questions, create materials for and deliver to clients in person, via teleconference, video conference or webinar and event presentations
Maintain the Gartner’s industry leadership reputation by responding to press inquiries
* Proactively work with the wider sales organization and deliver outstanding sales support in order to retain and grow the business
What you’ll need:
Gartner analysts are correctly viewed as THE experts. This means you need to know your markets, vendors, trends, management practices, etc. and be able to see the forest and the trees. Most Gartner analysts have many years of practical experience and enjoy solving puzzles.
- Subject matter expertise in IT Disaster Recovery as a Service with the ability to demonstrate understanding of the business applications and opportunities in that market. Knowledge of the global landscape, and the competitive interplay between incumbents, emerging providers and disruptors.
- Expertise in adjacent topic areas such as cloud migration tools and providers would be a plus.
- Ability to collaborate in cross-team settings with I&O colleagues as well as applications, architecture, technology service providers and technical professional analysts.
- Demonstrated superior analytical skills, applying conceptual models, recognizing patterns while drawing and defending conclusions. Strong business and financial acumen as well as analytical skills are required for this position.
- Articulate and succinct communication skills. Experience in publishing and speaking engagements an advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a research or technology related role
- Bachelor's or equivalent experience, preferably Computer Science, Math or Engineering, Master's degree preferred.
- Ability to conduct occasional travel, regionally and global.
Job Requisition ID:30192
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top