Senior Director, Banking Technology Growth Analyst, Gartner Research and Advisory Services, Flexible EMEA
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing clients the unbiased insight and advice they need to make the right decisions every day. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you’ll help clients deliver on their mission-critical priorities, grow your career and increase your industry impact. We value hard workers — and reward you with unlimited opportunity. If you’re looking to explore what’s next in technology and business, Gartner is looking for you.
This role creates thought leading research within our Industries Group for our Gartner for Product Leaders clients through published research, conversations with client (Inquiry), stage presentations, teleconferences, and client meetings. It is important that you have a vision for the impact of information technology in the Banking Technology Industry, and how strategic technology trend are changing the practices of Product Management and Product Portfolio Management Leaders targeting this Industry.
What you will do:
As a Gartner analyst you will meet with clients every day: on the phone, in a video-conference, from the stage at a Gartner event or face-to-face during a sales support visit. In every client interaction analysts help clients solve difficult puzzles that lead to better performance. To support these conversations you will research markets, practices and trends and produce written research for Gartner clients to download and apply. This is a unique opportunity for a creative and dynamic individual to help shape the Industry Strategies used by leading Product Managers, Product Marketers, and Tech CEOs targeting the Banking sector.
- Conduct research and analysis in specific areas of expertise targeting client’s key initiatives.
- Deliver high quality actionable advice through a variety of media.
- Write high quality, clear, actionable, advisory research documents.
- Remain ahead of the curve on developments and issues within these specified areas as well as applicable adjacent areas.
- Respond to client questions, create materials for and deliver to clients in person, via teleconference, video conference or webinar and event presentations
- Maintain the Gartner s industry leadership reputation by responding to press inquiries
- Proactively work with the wider sales organization and deliver outstanding sales support in order to retain and grow the business
- Qualitative and quantitative market research is required in order to create valuable research experiences online and in advisory discussions with clients, and having great people skills is crucial. This becomes especially relevant as you lead collaborative research to drive positive impact on the business performance of our clients. The right hire will play a key role not only within the Industries Team but will also extend leadership on best practices in the Banking sector.
- The successful candidate will have strong expertise and knowledge in technologies used in the banking & securities sector. This position requires the ability to work with senior managers and senior executives within the client base to develop futuristic and compelling scenarios and recommendations for clients seeking to build their banking technology product & service offerings. The role will also need to support end user enterprise clients who are consumers of such products & services.
- Key coverage requirements for the role – from both a technology and business environment context – may include the following:
- Core banking systems / Legacy Modernization
- AI & RPA technologies used to improve areas such as teller automation, customer experience and service delivery.
- Authentication & Decisioning technologies
- Credit, fraud and card analytics
- Customer Onboarding – Lending, Deposit, Wealth Management
- Governance, Risk, Compliance and Security - Analytics (Regtech, KYC, AML)
- Digital Banking / Multi-Channel Banking
- Open Banking / APIs / PSD2
- Digital Transformation / Digital Customer Experience
- Alternative Lending
- Digital Mortgage
- Vendor Management
- Minimum of 10 years in a relevant role, with a significant proportion of that time spent with a technology provider serving the banking & securities sector
- Bachelor's Degree and/or advanced professional qualification(s) in related field. Proven record of academic achievement at highest level. Master's Degree in related discipline an advantage.
- Ability to formulate and articulate technology and business adoption scenarios that help senior Product Leaders assess the opportunities, risk, and best approaches for modernizing their Healthcare Provider Industry product portfolios.
- Ability to collaborate in cross-team settings with industry specific analysts, within healthcare as well as in other industries, as well as with technology specific Analysts, particularly in areas such as Applications and IT Services.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, applying conceptual models, recognizing patterns while drawing and defending conclusions. Strong business acumen as well as analytical skills are required for this position
- Articulate and succinct communication skills. Experience in publishing and speaking engagements an advantage.
- Ability to conduct occasional travel, regionally and globally
Job Requisition ID:29853
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top