Senior Database Administrator
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
Senior Database Administrator
What makes Gartner Digital Markets a GREAT fit for you?
Gartner Digital Markets is a business unit within Gartner. Our mission is to help small businesses make the right technology decisions and find the tools they need to grow, optimize, and become more effective at what they do. The business is comprised of three leading brands—Capterra, Software Advice, and GetApp. For candidates interested in taking their next career step in the technology space, Gartner Digital Markets offers the fast pace and excitement of working for a startup, the stability and resources of a large, established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in an industry that is always growing and transforming.
About this role:
Gartner is looking for a passionate Senior Database Administrator, based in Gurgaon, India and supporting global development teams.
Senior Database Administrator will work closely with architects, software engineers and systems Engineers to design, build, deploy, manage, tune and operate our development, test and production databases and data warehouse. You will build and maintain databases for our applications to meet our stringent SLA's in a fast-paced culture, with a passion to learn and contribute. We are looking for a strong engineer with a can-do attitude.
What you’ll do:
- Provision and maintain a stable environment for the operation of the company's business applications using Oracle, Microsoft, and Open Source/other database technology
- Assist with capacity planning and load testing of our applications and meet SLAs for Database Systems Uptime & Database Systems Performance
- Facilitate development, implementation, maintenance, tuning and continuance of databases within the current infrastructure.
- Establish and implement database policies, procedures and standards, and ensures their conformance
- Work with various Engineering teams to outline the DevOps execution strategy for different projects.
- Assist with organization wide security considerations. Find the best ways to identify security risks and incidents and suggest improvements and create process/automation as needed to detect and mitigate those risks.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems.
- 5 years’ experience as an operational DBA using PostgreSQL/MySQL database work and 2 years of which needs to AWS RDS related.
- Expert skills in database administration, SQL, Performance tuning and PL/SQL is required.
- Working knowledge of infrastructure as code using Terraform.
- Experience creating shell scripts is needed
- Any experience with Oracle, No-SQL databases (DynamoDB), graph databases and columnar databases is a plus.
- Prior exposure to continuous integration/delivery tools like Jenkins.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory, DNS and other Networking technologies.
- Exposure to ITIL Practices & Agile methodologies.
- Good combination of technical and interpersonal skills with strong written and verbal communication; detail-oriented with the ability to work independently.
Who you are:
- Senior Database Administrator will work closely with architects, software engineers and systems Engineers to design, build, deploy, manage, tune and operate our development, test and production databases and data warehouse.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- Limitless growth and learning opportunities.
- A collaborative and positive culture — Your team will be as smart and driven as you.
- Outstanding compensation — Plus competitive benefits and generous time off.
- A chance to make an impact — Your work will contribute directly to our strategy.
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A.– Visitgartner.com to learn more.
Diversity, inclusion and engagement at Gartner:
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com
Job Requisition ID:38588
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top