Senior Consultant, IT Strategy, HTTP (Networks)
Backed with the insight of Gartner research and events, the Gartner Consulting team helps clients in a wide range of industries speed up their agendas and stay ahead of the digital curve. Due to increasing demand, the High Technology and Telecommunications (HTTP) practice is growing its team in the UK.
The Senior Consultant, HTTP, UK will join a team responsible for a portfolio of accounts that consist of multinational, global or large-scale organisations in the Telco sector. You will form part of a project team that advises clients at the highest strategic level with big-picture and tactical guidance on how technology enables a wide range of business outcomes.
Operating at the C-Level, you will assist our clients in successfully managing their technology investments and define their “Go-to-Market” IT strategies. As a successful Senior Consultant, you will:
- Gain understanding of the engagement objectives, of the client's strategy, environment and constraints and assure that recommendations can be implemented;
- Analyze Gartner Research, leverage Gartner Consulting IP and methodologies, and prepare written reports and management presentations of analysis and recommendations;
- Leverage mastered classical standard methodologies such as financial analysis, causal analysis, risk analysis and standard consulting management skills such as facilitation, interview, etc.
- Participate as a member of Gartner teams in the creation of high quality diagnostics and actionable strategic results;
- Develop and maintain client relationships;
- Illustrate Gartner world-class brand by attitude and mind-set.
- Consulting experience from a top management or IT professional services firm;
- Excellent academic record; MBA qualification desirable;
- Telecommunications industry understanding; knowledge of Networks including 3G, 4G, LAN and WAN.
- Demonstrable project management skills and experience; Cross-sector and functional experience highly desirable;
- Expertise with strategic consulting frameworks and financial principles such as budgeting, asset valuation and net present value;
- Ability to analyze problems and create business cases using a variety of tools (e.g. Excel);
- Autonomous, positive thinker, highly flexible and willing to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Willingness to be based in our Egham office and travel as required (potentially several days per week).
- Ability to drive Gartner Consulting value proposition and likely to be skilled in a relevant solution area, including, but not limited to:
- CIO Strategy and IT Strategy;
- Digital Transformation;
- Technology Cost Optimization (including benchmarking);
- Infrastructure & Operational Excellence;
- Enterprise Architecture;
- Best of Breed Working methodologies (Agile, DevOps);
- Security and Risk Management techniques;
- Business Intelligence;
- Insight and Analytics.
Job ID 00016661
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Regional Vice President, Sales
Erin oversees more than $40 million of business for Gartner while guiding and supporting five separate teams of account executives throughout the greater New York City territory.
Back to top