Senior Consultant, IT Strategy Consulting, IT Sourcing, Public Sector
- Staines, United Kingdom
Why is Gartner Consulting an organization unlike any other? Our consultants are technology and business thought leaders for the 21st century. With the full scope of Gartner’s renowned research and capabilities to draw from, our consultants are committed to turning those insights into actionable solutions for our clients. That’s where you come in. We’re committed to attracting the most creative, talented, and motivated associates to bring our world-class consultancy to the next level. When you join Gartner Consulting, you’ll lead the most innovative business and technology efforts in the marketplace today. You’ll work across Gartner to help senior leaders and their teams execute their most strategic initiatives and achieve lasting results - all within the context of a rapidly evolving digital economy.
Who we are
Gartner’s Consulting business is an extension of Gartner’s industry-leading IT Research. From CIOs, to leaders in business and government, we help Gartner clients across enterprises translate insights into transformational actions and achieve their mission-critical priorities. Leveraging the breadth of Gartner’s resources, Consulting is growing rapidly, with unlimited potential to continue expanding our client base.
What we do
Technology Strategy Consulting. We help the C-suite make the right decisions based on how technology can transform their businesses. In today’s world, a consulting firm that is “born digital”, (with the ability to directly leverage the full power of Gartner’s research and insights) has relevance to the most important strategic decisions any business will make.
We deliver value to clients in areas such as IT Strategy Consulting, Benchmarking, Analytics and Optimization. Typically, this helps Gartner’s clients to execute on their strategic priorities, across all sectors, including:
- Digital Acceleration and Transformation
- Enterprise Enablement
- Big Data and Analytics
- Applications Rationalization
- Cloud Strategy
- Sourcing and Ecosystem Optimization
- Contract and Cost Optimization
- Security and Risk Management
What you’ll do
The Senior Consultant in the Sourcing and Vendor Ecosystem Practice is viewed as a key resource supporting the EMEA Public Sector industry. The Senior Consultant is expected to be an expert delivery resource / workstream lead working under the direction of an Engagement Manager on medium to large sized sourcing project teams. The candidate will have a proficient sourcing and procurement understanding of two or more Sourcing Service offerings (e.g., Digital, Cloud (SaaS), Agile, Application, Infrastructure, Networks) in one or more areas of the Sourcing and Procurement – Strategy, Supplier Selections, Contracting, Negotiations and Vendor Management. The candidate must have practical experience of EU and/or UK-specific IT procurement frameworks (e.g. OJEU, DOS, G-Cloud). Additionally, the candidate must be familiar with core services offered by Tier 1 IT providers and a selection of niche UK vendors.
- Lead the delivery of specific sourcing activities in conjunction with the client, working closely with the Managing Partner and Engagement Manager.
- Develop client relationships within an engagement leading to repeat business opportunities.
- Developed high quality and high impact deliverables that meet or exceed client expectations.
- Understand the client challenges and tailoring proposals through identification of optimal solutions and communicates the Gartner value proposition.
- Facilitating procurement activities that enable the client to achieve their outcomes.
- Develops work plans and input into project execution timelines and budgets, including provide regular status updates.
- Development and delivery of verbal and written project communications in formal and informal settings to senior audiences
- Delivers complex and/or sensitive communication
- Support the development and enhancement of Sourcing IP, methods and assets, collaborating at a global and regional level, including the specific needs of the UK and EU marketplace.
- Keeps current on technologies/trends in multiple domains.
- Demonstrates deep knowledge and interest in Public Sector (particularly in the UK)
- Demonstrates knowledge sharing within and outside of engagement setting, and fosters an environment of continuous improvement.
What you’ll need
- 3-5 years’ experience in Management Consulting and/or Advisory related Consulting engagements, ideally with a top-tier consultancy firm.
- Demonstrated understanding of, and experience in one or more of the following Public Sector industries, central government, regional and local government, healthcare, defence.
- Demonstrated experience with core services offered by Tier 1 IT providers and a selection of niche UK vendors.
- Demonstrated practical understanding of, and experience in sourcing, procurement and vendor management
- Extremely strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be comfortable working with large amounts of sensitive client data sets
- Proven background in MS Office Suite – specifically and importantly expert knowledge of MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with proven ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work fully independently and as part of delivery teams with some oversight from manager.
- Ability to reuse intellectual property and research and adapt to client specific circumstances.
- Travel to client sites as required.
- Willingness to be based in the Egham Office, UK.
Who you are
- Comfortable influencing and building trust-based, value-added relationships with senior executives, both internally and externally
- Coachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- A consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
- Track record in achieving / exceeding revenue targets preferred
Job Requisition ID:40793
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top