Senior Consultant, IT Strategy Consulting
Why is Gartner Consulting an organization unlike any other? Our consultants are technology and business thought leaders for the 21st century. With the full scope of Gartner’s renowned research and capabilities to draw from, our consultants are committed to turning those insights into actionable solutions for our clients. That’s where you come in. We’re committed to attracting the most creative, talented, and motivated associates to bring our world-class consultancy to the next level. When you join Gartner Consulting, you’ll lead the most innovative business and technology efforts in the marketplace today. You’ll work across Gartner to help senior leaders and their teams execute their most strategic initiatives and achieve lasting results - all within the context of a rapidly evolving digital economy.
About this role:
As a Senior Consultant working at the highest senior levels within our clients’ organizations you will have the opportunity to make a real difference in shaping, managing and delivering real value assisting our clients in successfully managing their technology and defining their IT strategies.
What you’ll do:
• Identify, develop and document issues and recommendations using independent judgment concerning engagement areas being reviewed.
• Conduct research, interviews and presentations for clients (executive and/or board level)
• Assist with the comprehensive cost / benefits analysis and preparation of business cases for technology investments.
• Assist in coordinating and communicating the results of engagements via written reports and oral presentations to client management and key stakeholders
• Contribute to the development of project management, quality assurance and professional consulting and auditing approaches/methodologies.
• Participate in delivery of strategic IT consulting engagements, within a given timeframe and budget, for a variety of clients, which include IT benchmarking and general IT consulting.
What you’ll need:
• Minimum 5+ years of diversified strategic IT experience (technology, organization and processes).
• Consulting experience in a similar role in a professional services firm or industry experience at a strategic or management level.
• Analytical skills
• Flexibility and adaptability; able to change direction quickly and thoughtfully under changing client needs
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
• Willingness to travel up to 30% of your time
• Excellent project management skills, team work capacity, strong work ethic and willingness to travel and work in a diverse international environment
• Deeper knowledge of one or more of the following is a plus:
• IT strategy
• IT organization & governance
• Enterprise Architecture
• IT/Business Process Outsourcing
• Critical Program Management support (QA, risk, audit)
• IT performance optimization
Who you are:
• Excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and spoken
• Ability to articulate IT strategies and understand business strategies and the alignment of both
• Comfortable influencing and building trust-based, value-added relationships with senior executives
• Coachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
• Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
• Maintain a senior consultant level expertise and currency in industry leading information management technologies
• You will have a natural aptitude for critical and analytical thinking, as well as the capacity to accept out-of-the box solutions
What we offer:
• A world-class consulting environment
• The opportunity to work on cutting edge IT strategy engagements with a tier one client portfolio
• A competitive salary
• Structured bonus based on individual and corporate performance
• Opportunities for promotion with a clear defined career development structure
• Opportunity to participate actively in the development and future of Gartner Consulting
• A dynamic but relaxed and supportive working environment that encourages personal development
Job Requisition ID:38259
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top