Senior Consultant (Belgium - Public Sector Clients)
Gartner Consulting is the leading independent IT and business consultancy, helping clients define key IS/IT strategies, manage major technology initiatives, optimize business processes and operations, and achieve high returns on their related investments. Using Gartner methodologies, benchmarks and the full power of Gartner Research, we help clients to measure performance, optimize and create quantifiable business value, independently from implementation interests. Gartner also provides management consulting services to executive and senior level management on how to better leverage IT and innovate. Gartner has no downstream commitments or associations with suppliers of ICT services that would prejudice our unbiased assessments.
Gartner is growing its high-performance consulting team. Our business success is supported by the impeccable quality of our delivery, the trust we inspire to our clients, and the high level of experience and track record of our consultants. Our projects are mainly to large international and local accounts at strategic level. Local and global clients derive value from this team as well as from the participation of our internal colleagues.
POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES AND SPECIFIC DUTIES
Working with the highest levels of clients’ IS/IT and business management, Gartner Consultants have the opportunity to make a real difference in shaping/validating/auditing clients’ IT business contribution and performance, in helping them successfully manage their Critical Programs or in defining their Go-to-Market strategies.
As a successful Senior Consultant, you will:
• Gain understanding of the engagement objectives, of the client's strategy, environment and constraints and assure that recommendations can be implemented
• Analyze Gartner Research, leverage Gartner Consulting IP and methodologies, and prepare written reports and management presentations of analysis and recommendations, under the guidance of experienced Gartner consultants
• Leverage mastered classical standard methodologies such as financial analysis, causal analysis, risk analysis and standard consulting management skills such as facilitation, interview, etc.
• Participate as a member of Gartner teams into the creation of high quality non opposable diagnosis and actionable strategic results on clients’ behalf
• Develop and maintain client relationships
• Illustrate Gartner world-class brand by attitude and mind-set
• 3-6 years total experience sought
• 1-3 years consulting experience from top management and IT consulting firm strongly preferred
• IT industry understanding and experience sought
• Excellent people skills and customer relationship track record mandatory
• Must have excellent project management skills, professionalism, team work capacity (including distant and international clients and internal teams), strong work ethic and willingness to travel and work in a diverse international environment
• Ability to analyze problems
• Use judgment effectively
• Ability to make informed decisions and seek and accept guidance and coaching from team
• Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills (ideally in critical political environments)
• Candidates with a natural aptitude for critical and analytical thinking, as well as the capacity to accept out-of-the box solutions will be favored over specialists.
• Fluency in English and Dutch
A combination of any of the following areas is a prerequisite: IT Strategy, Governance, Organization, Enterprise Architecture, Sourcing, Business Process Management and Outsourcing, Critical Program Management, Development cycles, Channel Management, R&D, Product Management, Corporate Strategy, Competitive Analysis, Financial Analysis
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top