Senior Automation Test Engineer
- Gurgaon, India
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
About this role:
The Senior Quality Assurance Engineer will provide expertise in the area of Manual and Automated QA activities for client-server applications, with focus on web components. The Engineer must work well with developers and BA in an aggressive agile development environment. The candidate should have strong analytical abilities, excellent teamwork and great communication skills. He/she will also be responsible for testing and verification of software components. The candidate should have experience with automation (Selenium Web driver) and Performance/load testing (JMETER).
What you’ll do:
- Review requirements specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities
- Attend daily stand-up meetings, iteration planning, showcase & retrospective meetings.
- Serve as technical mentor to less experienced QA engineers
- Provide overall long-term strategy for automated testing of applications
- Provide process guidance and governance as it relates to the testing of the software products
- Conducts and/or participate in formal and informal test cases reviews.
- Develop and execute test automation scripts
- Develop and execute functional tests, performance tests, stress tests, and regression tests.
- Assist with developing, implementing and documenting testing methodologies
- Incorporate automated test executions as a part CI-CD pipelines.
What you’ll need:
- 5-7 years of hands-on experience testing different applications for both manual and automated tests.
- Expert level of experience in automating web and mobile application across multiple devices and platforms using test automation tools and frameworks, such as Selenium, Appium, TestNG, and JUnit/NUnit etc.
- Strong understanding of QA methodologies, efficient testing strategies, and modern best practices. A passion for finding defects and delivering quality software
- Strong understanding of basic concepts to testing principles, all types of Black/Grey Box testing
- Understanding of coding enterprise applications within Java, PHP, Python and other languages
- Experience in Agile development environment
- Knowledge of Test management tools JIRA, QC etc.
- Knowledge of SQL queries and database structures.
- Experience in Performance testing and tools like JMETER is a plus.
- Hands on experience testing web services.
- Mobile application testing experience beneficial
- Experience with Jenkins for continuous integration/continuous delivery is a plus.
Who you are:
- Effective time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Exceptional communication skills, to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent organization, multitasking, and prioritization skills
- Must be a responsive, flexible team player that is self-motivated, self-starting, and enthusiastic
- Independent thinker with tenacity to maintain focus on issues until they are adequately resolved
- Must possess a willingness and aptitude to embrace new technologies/ideas and master concepts rapidly
- Good communication skills and ability to work with global teams to define and deliver on projects
- Intellectual curiosity, passion for technology and keeping up with new trends
- B.E./B. Tech in Computer Science, Information Technology or relevant professional experience
- 5-7 years of experience in an IT or Business environment testing highly scalable applications
- Excellent communications skills interacting with technical and business audiences
- Any testing certification is a plus.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A. – Visit gartner.com to learn more.
Diversity, inclusion and engagement at Gartner:
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com
Job Requisition ID:36073
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top