Senior Application Development Manager
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Software Development Manager. This position will be responsible for leading a team of developers to create and maintain email related projects on gartner.com targeting Gartner’s clients. The ideal candidate will be someone who has worked closely with business users, has played a key role in building/supporting a customer-facing programs and has demonstrable experience innovating with technology to meet business needs.
The candidate will be responsible for a state of the art application development platform as well as be responsible for helping architect and develop new features and APIs for use in creating new automated and personalized emails. Candidate will have an opportunity to build and integrate search engines, web services, databases and other technologies.
- 5 to 8 years of experience as a Development Manager leading a team of Developers
- Should have significant experience working directly with Business users in problem solving
- Experience and temperament to mentor developers technically and professionally
- Ability to lead and execute a mix of small/medium/large sized projects simultaneously
- Ability to work with many vendors and integrate with vendor platforms
- Must have experience in full SDLC
- Experience working in an Agile/iterative (SCRUM) development environment preferred.
- Experience conducting software peer reviews
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent prioritization skills
- Ability to work collaboratively across the IT organization (infrastructure/test/back office groups)
- Strong Project Management skills
- Ability to pick up Gartner domain knowledge quickly
- Experience in estimating resource requirements for software projects
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience building applications
- Strong knowledge of email delivery technologies (HTML/Text, open & click tracking, SPAM filters, etc…)
- Strong knowledge of integration technologies (SOA, REST, XML, HTTP, etc…)
- Strong server side technology skills (Java, J2EE, etc…)
- Strong Oracle Database Design/Development skills from an application development standpoint
- Experience writing Oracle reports
- Strong knowledge and implementation experience with version control tools (Subversion)
- Experience in managing automated build servers
- Must have strong Web and Mobile Device UI and usability knowledge as well as best-practice skills that include an understanding of globalization and localization
- Demonstrable experience innovating with technology
- Experience integrating with internal Search engines desirable
- Experience in developing and consuming web services desirable
- Experience developing mobile format emails preferable
- Experience using web services to integrate disparate systems
- Should be able to balance operational and new development needs.
- Should be able to interact well with both internal associates and external clients & vendors in resolving operational issues.
- Identify systemic operational issues and resolve them as well as identifying root causes and process improvements to present similar issues
Job Requisition ID:G22324
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Job ID G22324
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Client Partner Area Manager
Joe and his team of six work to understand the mission-critical priorities of Gartner clients and align company resources to help achieve goals and deliver excellent customer service experiences.
Back to top