Senior Administrative Assistant
Gartner Worldwide Events serves more than 50,000 business and technology leaders from around the globe through 60+ conferences each year. With annual revenue in excess of $225 million, we consistently achieve double-digit growth rates — and we’re actively investing in our Global Event Production team in order to achieve these goals.
We are seeking a highly professional, dedicated and motivated individual to join the team as a Senior Administrative Assistant to support the leader (GVP) of the Global Event Production Team. A high performance team which operates in a fast paced environment across 8 continents and comprised of 150 talented event professionals. We are a high energy, highly productive team with a strong work ethic and passion for what we do. Everything is done with a high sense of urgency and absolute quality.
The Senior Administrative Assistant is a critical confidante and support for this GVP as the business continues to scale across the globe and their responsibilities would be as follows:
- Interacts in a highly professional manner with senior executives internally and externally, representing the GVP effectively as an extension her own personal brand
- Excellent ability to build and maintain relationships across the Events business, as well as the company, to ensure collaboration on key initiatives
- F ully manages the calendar of the GVP and collaborates with the staff of other members of the Events Leadership team and Gartner Operating Committee as needed.
- Coordinates detailed domestic and international travel arrangements, as well as meeting and event planning for GVP and leadership team activities
- Participates in team meetings/events and other activities that improve operational running of the business
- Works autonomously to manage projects and maintain communication with all stakeholders involved
- Acts as project ambassador by providing proactive support on important projects, meetings, presentations, etc.
- Proven ability to analyze data, research ideas, and project coordination – strong excel and powerpoint skills required
- Performs diversified administrative tasks and special assignments in support of the GVP and her senior leadership team
- Recommends & modifies processes to ensure efficiency and effectiveness; adjusts approaches when common issues arise
- Demonstrates decision making ability within scope of responsibilities and identifies problems within process flow (i.e. meeting agendas, participants, etc.)
- Administrative duties include: entering and reviewing T&E submissions, taking meeting minutes, conference and video call scheduling, inbound call routing, communication drafting, spreadsheet/PowerPoint creations, etc.
- Understands the administrative role and provides support, mentoring and guidance to colleagues.
- All other duties as assigned by the GVP
· Bachelor’s degree preferred, advanced degree a plus
- 8-10 years of experience in an administrative/project management capacity
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion in business relationships and exercise sound business judgment at all times
- Excellent communications skills (written and oral)
- Must have an excellent work ethic
- Must have worked in a fast paced environment managing multiple priorities simultaneously
- Maintains a high sense of urgency
- Must be highly organized with good time management skills.
- Must have a high attention to detail.
- Must have a high sense of urgency
- Demonstrate high levels of intellectual curiosity and active listening capabilities
- Advanced problem solving, organizational and analytical skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top