Security Consulting, Research Director, Gartner Research, US Flexible Location
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner Research & Advisory, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing our clients worldwide the unbiased insight they need to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration you’ll not only help clients deliver on their mission critical priorities, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands hard work — and rewards it with exceptional opportunity. If you’re always looking for what’s next in business and technology, Gartner is looking for you.
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. From CIOs and senior IT leaders in corporations and government agencies, to business leaders in high-tech and telecom enterprises and professional services firms, to technology investors, we are the valuable partner to clients in over 13,000 distinct organizations. Through the resources of Gartner Research, Gartner Executive Programs, Gartner Consulting and Gartner Events, we work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA.
For more information, visit us at: http://www.gartner.com/technology/about.jsp.
This is open position is a broad-scope position in the area of Security Consulting. This position is to help advise Technology & Service Providers how to better position themselves in the industry through better service offerings, an understanding of the competitive landscape, buyer demands and behavior as well as go-to-market approaches. The following are requirements for this position:
Knowledge and experience
- A broad understanding of security consulting including but not limited to incident response, security assessments and/or digital forensics.
- Strong knowledge on the competitive landscape including Tier 1 providers and how to assess them.
- Experience in the development, evaluation and/or response to RFPs in the area of security consulting.
- A deep understanding of security consultancies offerings, their go-to-market strategy, and market direction.
- Ability to identify gaps in the market in the area of security consulting and then guide IT Providers in this space how to better address market need.
- Knowledge of end-user drivers for buying decision-making in the area of security consulting.
- Understand, analyze and describe vendor strategies and the long-term business impact from a financial perspective
- Understand, analyze and describe how security consulting service providers are evolving their business models and the implications to the competitive environment, technology and buyer behavior
- Understand how vendor strategies, end-user buying behavior and key market trends are impacting the overall security market size and growth
- Be able to have key executive discussions with leading security vendors on how they can gain market share
- Be a lead go to person with IT Provider clients in relation to security consulting, end-user buying behavior, and vendor strategies.
- Produce innovative, thought-leading, impactful, analytically-deep, fact-based research.
- Provide in-depth analysis based on extensive client and technology provider input, team and community research, discussions and collaboration, as well as personal experience. Collaboration with peers is critical. Contribute thought-leadership in establishing company research positions.
- Represent Gartner research methodology, strategies and positions effectively at senior level within technology providers, user organizations, government and investors.
- Create written research in fulfillment of our commitment to clients.
- Create and deliver presentations for Gartner conferences, local briefings and webinars.
- Provide support to the sales organization to renew and develop business. Demonstrate Gartner research value.
- Provide high quality and timely research peer review. Provide mentorship and support team members.
- Ability to provide focused one-day client engagements as a research area expert.
- Be able to work across research teams within Gartner on the topic of security.
- Be able to mentor junior analysts on various security topics.
- Support Gartner PR by collaborating effectively with the press according to Gartner rules of engagement.
Qualifications and personal attributes
- Bachelor's degree in related field; proven record of academic achievement at highest level or a Master's Degree in related discipline are an advantage, however experience and knowledge is critical
- 10 years plus year’s experience
- Ideal candidate will have come from a security consulting background.
- CISSP preferred.
- Broad knowledge of security technologies, compliance standards, security frameworks and standards among others.
- Ability to take multiple concepts and technological inputs and turn that into sound, factual and practical deployment and/or market opportunity leverage
- Articulate and succinct communication skills
- Exceptional analytical skills; ability to apply conceptual models, recognizing patterns and drawing and defending conclusions.
- Strong project planning and management skills.
- Strong team-working ethos.
- Exceptional influencing and leadership skills
- Exceptional presentation skills in small and large audience situations alike
Gartner is an Affirmative Action-Equal Opportunity Employer.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to the value of workforce diversity. Gartner does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veterans status, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All matters relating to employment with the Company are based on, and operate according to, the principle of merit.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Gartner and need special assistance due to a disability or accommodation for a disability, please send us an email at Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com.
Job Requisition ID:G20022
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Job ID G20022
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Client Partner Area Manager
Joe and his team of six work to understand the mission-critical priorities of Gartner clients and align company resources to help achieve goals and deliver excellent customer service experiences.
Back to top