Security and Risk Management - Leadership Partner Mid-West
- Flexible / Remote
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
Leadership Partner- Security and Risk Management
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner Leadership Programs, you’ll set your career on track for outstanding achievement with a company that knows no limits. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Gartner Leadership Partners serve as trusted advisors to our members (clients) who are highly visible senior executives from Fortune 500 organizations and government agencies. Our Associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional career development as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role:
The role of the Security & Risk Management Leadership Partner is to partner with their clients and support the client’s key initiatives and the organization’s priorities. The Leadership Partner will advise and coach clients, guide clients in building their security organizations, assist them in developing security strategy, and help them establish priorities and plan for implementation of key security initiatives. With the support of their Leadership Partner, our clients are able to achieve their goals more quickly and more cost effectively and with a higher assurance of success.
What you’ll do:
- Manage 25-30 member relationships, and participates in account planning with Gartner Leadership Client Managers and Account Executives.
- Assist members to achieve their Mission Critical Priorities by leveraging the appropriate Gartner assets
- Leverage subject matter expertise to create service solutions for the members and multi-member accounts.
- Define and deliver innovative solutions by assessing member needs and developing a customized value plan in accordance with overall product strategy and deliverables.
- Direct and facilitate bi-annual member peer group meetings on topics of relevance to the Security & Risk Management members
- Define and conduct on-site briefings for clients at their location in support of key initiatives.
- Participate in all phases of the member lifecycle: pre-sale, on-boarding, relationship management, delivery, review and renewal.
- Responsible for member retention and for contributing toward growth in the region through direct support of Gartner Sales in prospect cultivation, account plan development and value demonstration activities.
- Host and /or participating in periodic onsite member activities, including workshops, research analyst visits (where appropriate), roundtables and webinars (in collaboration with Gartner Research).
What you’ll need:
- University graduate (Masters preferred) with a 10+ years’ experience working in a senior Information Security leadership role for 5+ years or with 5+ years in other Information Security or IT area (e.g. Consulting)
- In-depth understanding of the Information Security industry and the role of Senior Information Security and IT leadership
- Experience with strategy development, organization design, and initiative management, application of metrics and understanding of major industry trends
- In-depth understanding of Information Security and the alignment of Business and Information Security strategies
- The ability to leverage Gartner resources to support achievement of business results
- High tolerance / evolved ability to lead and manage ambiguous situations
- Excellent relationship skills including experience working with Business and IT Leadership
- Experience coaching and mentoring senior level leaders
- Collaboration and team leadership.
- Demonstrable sales and/or business development experience with Sr. IT Leadership
- Experience working within a Target-driven organization
- Strong time and project management skills
- Travel 25% and upwards
Subject Matter Expertise:
The successful candidate will have extensive experience leading security programs and/or practice areas as a Chief Information Security Officer, Security Practice Group leader or other equivalent role. The candidate also will have experience collaborating and working effectively with CIOs, CEOs, CFOs and other senior business leaders to build and mature security programs. Experience presenting to and working with senior executive leadership and Boards of Directors is also important.
Experience and expertise with modern information security programs is important including:
- Assessing business/organizational strategy and risk
- Developing security strategy and roadmaps aligned to organizational strategy and risk
- Building security teams and capabilities
- Implementing key security solutions including SIEM, Identity & Access Management, threat and vulnerability management, forensics, endpoint security, network security, etc.
- Building effective, repeatable processes to support security programs
- Creating security metrics and reporting mechanisms
Who you are:
- Critical thinker and problem solver demonstrating the ability to assess our Member’s situations and provide actionable, outcome-based business/technical advice as well as the ability to leverage appropriate resources to help Members achieve results
- Excellent relationship management skills, including experience working with C level executives
- Ability to build strategic internal partnerships with key roles across the organization and positively impact change
- This role is a Client-facing position that requires a high level of Executive presence and ability build trust and deliver value.
- Demonstrate superior verbal and written communication skills as well as strong facilitation and presentation skills.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with excellent growth potential, Gartner Enterprise IT Leaders provides exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Annual bonus potential
- Excellent benefits package
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A.– Visitgartner.com to learn more.
Job Requisition ID:31405
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
See Inside the Office of Gartner
Gartner is known as the world's leading research and advisory company. But what exactly does that mean? Gartner's teams conduct research, then design products and services based on those objective insights to help clients make the right decisions and be successful. The focus is C-suite senior executives and their teams across the enterprise.
Back to top