Sales Productivity Program Manager, Global Sales Operations-Stamford
Improving sales force productivity is a mission-critical priority for Gartner and is a pillar of the company’s growth strategy. This role will be a critical member of the global sales operations team, responsible for owning and coordinating day-to-day activities on sales productivity improvement projects with a special focus on prospect acquisition. Manages project timelines and deliverables, develops analyses and presentations, designs and documents processes, tracks sales productivity initiatives, and maintains knowledge repository. The manager will work closely with teams from sales technology, sales communications, sales learning & development and other Gartner business units to ensure world class, innovative execution of sales productivity programs.
Principal Accountabilities/ Overall Responsibilities of Position
Own and support sales productivity projects and programs. Own projects end to end. Develop and maintain project work plans in coordination with the Director of Sales Productivity. Coordinate project deliverables with team members across multiple functions (sales, product, finance, IT, Learning & Development). Assemble project teams across multiple BUs.
Define program/project success metrics. Maintain program-level information to track sales productivity initiatives across the enterprise.
Develop presentations. Maintain and compile presentations for regular sales productivity meetings with Gartner executives. Ensure presentations are logical, well organized, and visually compelling. Including data visualization, as well as showing causation and correlation.
Perform analyses. In partnership with Sales Productivity team use Excel and databases to analyze sales productivity data and summarize in compelling presentations for sales leadership and corporate executives.
Gather and synthesize data from systems and interviews. Leverage Gartner systems to gather sales productivity data for analysis and reporting. Support Director to design and administer surveys and interviews.
Support executive meetings. Support Director of Sales Productivity in organizing and running effective meetings with senior executives. Maintain agendas, presentations, and meeting follow-ups
Design and document processes. Document and design (in the case where no previous process exists) best-in-class selling processes, with a special focus on prospect acquisition. Maintain knowledge repositories for process documentation and sample deliverables.
Minimum 2-4 years of experience in sales, project management, management consulting, finance, operations, or IT.
- Outstanding organizational skills and project management experience (familiarity with tasks, milestones, Gantt charts)
- Strong desire for continuous learning, willingness to take on new challenges
- Ability to lead change management initiatives
- Comfort with dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Experience structuring analyses, presenting visually and numerically, defending analyses
- Great teamwork and collaboration
- Understanding of sales processes
- Ability to make decisions independently (e.g. if process or solution doesn’t exist, can create from scratch) and original thinker (e.g. can solve variety of problems)
- Power user of Excel, PowerPoint, Project design experience a plus
- Success is measured on seamless execution of projects and programs owned and supported. Driven by strong organization, rapid response, and effective communications.
- Quality of analysis, documentation, and presentations as evaluated by global sales operations leaders.
- Rapid learning and demonstrated potential to take on a variety of roles and increased responsibility.
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role.Visit gartner.com to learn more.
Job ID 00018141
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Regional Vice President, Sales
Erin oversees more than $40 million of business for Gartner while guiding and supporting five separate teams of account executives throughout the greater New York City territory.
Back to top