Sales Manager - Stamford, CT
What makes Gartner Sales a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll set your career on track for outstanding achievement with a company that knows no limits. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our sales associates earn a competitive base salary, uncapped commissions and exceptional benefits — along with top training and support, and all-expenses-paid luxury incentive trips for high performers. If you’re coachable, persistent, smart, executive-savvy, and looking for your next great adventure, Gartner is the place for you.
Job responsibilities include:
- Develop and execute strategy for achievement of business results tied to overall sales strategy
- Attract and retain top talent within sales team by following Gartner's validated recruitment methodology
- Drive high activity by conducting team prospecting sessions with direct reports
- Ensure that each team member is capable of developing and maintaining C-level relationships to incrementally grow existing accounts
- Provide leadership through effective communication of the global strategy
- Coach and develop direct reports on a regular basis
- Improve the team's success through effective leadership and mentorship
- Take ownership for own professional growth and support the team's professional growth
Job requirements include:
- 7+ years of consultative sales experience in high technology (services, software, or hardware), with 5+ years of management experience
- Experience in influencing C-level relationships with effective communication
- Demonstrated ability to attract, coach and motivate team to over-achieve targets and continuously develop
- Experience in coaching team to execute proven best practices that support the sales strategy
- Track record of overachieving financial targets as a manager and individual contributor
- Strong sales & business acumen, forecasting skills, prioritization skills, and influencing skills
- Sales leadership trainings (preferred)
- Bachelors degree, with strong evidence of success in school
- Masters or advanced degree a plus
Job Requisition ID:38838
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
See Inside the Office of Gartner
Gartner is known as the world's leading research and advisory company. But what exactly does that mean? Gartner's teams conduct research, then design products and services based on those objective insights to help clients make the right decisions and be successful. The focus is C-suite senior executives and their teams across the enterprise.
Back to top