What makes Gartner Events a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner Worldwide Events you'll be a part of a team that serves more than 60,000 business and technology leaders, including over 8,000 CIOs, at 65+ events each year. You’ll work with smart people, receive continual investment in your talent and learn about the latest in all things digital. With annual event revenue expected to exceed $300 million, our events team has achieved double-digit growth and is positioned to exceed that growth in 2016 and beyond. If you enjoy challenge, connecting with people and are optimistic about your future, don’t miss this opportunity.
POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES AND SPECIFIC DUTIES
- Develop and implement a strategy to achieve business development goals while ensuring continuous improvement in client retention rates
- Hire, coach and manage a team of 6-8 field sales associates
- Guide team members in developing their annual territory sales strategy
- Coach AEs in building, developing and maintaining relationships with key accounts and continuously improve their skill-set
- Drive visible pipeline activity and growth by creating a high activity sales environment
- Assist in complex contract and pricing negotiations with clients and prospects
- Conduct regular review and plan sessions with each AE
- Travel with your team to develop trust based client relationships
- Create individual development plans for all team members and execute against it
- Apply a continuous performance management approach with all associates
- Develop lead generation initiatives to continuously enhance our prospect database
- Collaborate with International Sales Directors to maximize cross selling opportunities
- Develop, deepen and leverage relationships with all other Business Units
- Partner with the program development team, delivery team and marketing to develop new products and services we can go to market with
- Manage weekly/monthly sales reporting, roll-up forecasts and commission calculations
- Participate in planning and leadership meetings (i.e. Ops Review) to present your retention/growth strategy and business performance.
- Minimum 7 - 10 years proven sales and/or management experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead and mentor
- Proven track record of continuous overachievement (if internal Winner Circle, Club 300, Eagle qualification)
- Ability to develop and execute a plan to achieve set corporate sales goals and implement strategies
- Proven ability to structure innovative, customized solutions
- Comprehensive understanding of B2B buying centers
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding ability to collaborate and work with virtual teams #LI-DA1
Job Requisition ID:27730
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Job ID 27730
Back to top