Sales and Operations Planning, IBP, Demand Planning Analyst, Gartner Research, Flexible Europe Location
· Drive research on trends and best practices on demand planning, S&OP and Integrated Business Planning processes and programs. Specifically:
• The relationship between demand planning, S&OP and other processes
• The business case for better demand planning and investment in S&OP
• The state of the art for demand planning and S&OP technology and process
• ‘How-to’ advice for leading demand planning teams
· Responsible for developing and writing in-depth reports that demonstrate a mastery of best practices and strategies to guide user decision-making in supply chain strategy and execution for these sectors
· Responsible for ongoing publication of research notes that are topical, based on case studies or follow on from research reports to generate client readership and interaction
· Demonstrate expertise through development of presentations and client interaction covering specific trends and best practices.
· Conduct ongoing interaction with clients and prospects in these verticals (including meetings, conference calls, strategy sessions and formal presentations).
· Prepare and deliver presentations at Gartner, industry and professional association conferences, and client briefings. Collaborate across research groups to ensure presentations and messages comprehensively represent best practices.
· Support the Gartner sales team in closing deals through proof of capability.
· 10+ years of experience in supply chain. Functional experience should include SC strategy and planning roles. Expertise is essential in implementing and designing S&OP/Integrated Business Planning processes, implementing best practice, thought leadership surrounding S&OP/IBP functions.
· Deep understanding of the end-to-end supply chain, and ability to link best practices, business strategies, goals & metrics to client’s business strategies.
· Ability to interact at all levels of an organization on supply chain and business issues.
· Ability to represent and defend analysis in client interactions.
· Excellent writing and presentation skills. Written work must be concise and persuasive.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
· Be able to travel minimum 5 working days per month and attend 2 Gartner conferences per year.
· Bachelors degree. MBA preferred.
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top