Researcher, SRS, Gartner Research
Researcher (SRS) Team
What makes Gartner Research a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner Research, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing our clients worldwide the unbiased insight they need to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration you’ll not only help clients deliver on the promise of digital, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands hard work — and rewards it with exceptional opportunity. If you’re always looking for what’s next in technology, Gartner is looking for you.
About this role:
- High comprehension of analyst research and ability to digest research requests received quickly, scope the research, estimate the effort involved and map out a plan to conduct the desk research.
- Conduct research using both systematic and intuitive secondary research techniques
- Analyze the research findings and draw inferences and conclusions in response to the research query
- Report the findings in the form of a structured report or a pre-defined framework
- Deliver projects on time and maintain high quality standards of the deliverables
- Develop strong understanding of the IT industry in general and expertise in specific domains as required
- Interact with the analysts and the project manager on a regular basis to keep updated on the progress and raise flag whenever required; the communication should be crisp and clear
- Provide constructive feedback to peers as well as be receptive to feedback from peers
- Follow internal processes and policies, including, HR, IT and Finance
- Actively participate in formal and in-formal knowledge sharing sessions, including Research Communities
- Demonstrate complete ownership of the tasks/projects assigned
What you’ll do:
- Deliver secondary research analysis to Analysts across all Research Groups.
**What you’ll need:
- BE/B.Tech from Grade A engineering colleges (specialization in CS, Telecom or electronics will be useful)
- Graduate + MBA (Marketing or Ops) from leading A & B-schools
- 1-2 years minimum experience in Market Research industry for MBAs; 2-3 years’ experience for BE/B.Tech.
- Strong understanding of the IT industry
- Experience in an extremely fast paced work environment preferably in research, consulting or marketing/strategy
- Eagerness to Learn: Showing strong awareness of the major issues across the IT industry and eagerness to learn more
- Strong communication skills – oral & written: Should structure all communication for meaning and flow with strong command on English language.
- Problem Solving Skills: Strong analytical skills and the ability to think independently. Should be able to work on estimation problems and provide insightful and original analysis.
- Secondary Research skills: Having the ability to use online and other secondary research materials quickly and effectively. Knowledge on online databases, such as, Factiva, Capital IQ, Hoovers, OneSource, etc will be very useful.
Who you are:
- Experience in the research industry, or a period of work in the software, IT services, networking hardware or telecom industry will be a major advantage. Engineering in CS, Telecom or electronics will be useful.
- Market research/consultancy experience: Less than 2 years relevant work experience in a market analysis, consultancy, internal research or trade journalism role.
- MS Word & Excel: Strong working knowledge of MS Office tools, including understanding of keyboard shortcuts and techniques such as lookups and pivot tables
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner research team enjoys exceptional benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Great on job learning
- Inordinate work life balance
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. From CIOs and senior IT leaders in corporations and government agencies, to business leaders in high-tech and telecom enterprises and professional services firms, to technology investors, we are the valuable partner to clients in more than 10,000 distinct enterprises worldwide. Through the resources of Gartner Research, Gartner Executive Programs, Gartner Consulting and Gartner Events, we work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has 8,300 associates, including over 1,800 research analysts and consultants, and clients in more than 90 countries.
For more information, email email@example.com or visit www.gartner.com
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top