Research VP - the CIO office, Gartner Research
Research VP for the Office of the CIO, Gartner Research, flexible location
What makes Gartner Research a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner Research, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing our clients worldwide the unbiased insight they need to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration you’ll not only help clients deliver on the promise of digital, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands hard work — and rewards it with exceptional opportunity. If you’re always looking for what’s next in technology, Gartner is looking for you.
About this role:
This role is responsible for providing CIO Advisory based research content to our Office of the CIO clients through published research, client inquiry, stage presentations, teleconferences, and client meetings. It is important that the candidate has a vision for how the role of a CIO will evolve worldwide and at a regional level.
What you’ll do:
• Work with CIOs and IT Leaders to maximize the impact of IT on enterprise goals and objectives
• Define, evolve and share global practices as it relates to critical IT management disciplines such as: IT/Digital Business Strategy and strategic Planning, Business Model Innovation, Innovation Mgt/Cuture, Leadership and Governance
• Assist CIOs with their career progression defining new and or complementary roles such as Chief Digital Office, Chief Strategy Officer and the like
• Assist and advise CIOs in taking a business leadership role in the enterprise.
• Creating a path or vision of how IT can help develop new products, programs and services
• Provide professional representation of Gartner’s brand, research, insights, and analysis to CIOs and other senior executives
• Collaboratively write and publish analysis and positions at a regular cadence using a blueprint of role, topic, implications and impact for clients and prospects
• Use trend analysis, fact-based research and role-based insight to craft advice for CIOs and their direct reports
• Provide insight to clients through phone inquiries and through face-to-face interactions.
What you’ll need:
• Subject matter expertise in the above with the ability to demonstrate understanding of the business applications and opportunities in that market. The Candidate must be familiar with the global landscape, and the competitive interplay between incumbents, emerging challenges and disruptors.
• To adapt implications and actions by situation, industry and business area
• To extend personal experience to an array of clients, situations and industries
• Communicate complex concepts concisely and with authority
• Work with Gartner Executive Partners and Gartner sales executives to attract, engage and retain CIOs as Gartner customers.
• Balance written research deliverables; telephone and email client contacts; and engagements, conferences, webinars and travel requests
• Proactively contribute to best practices, processes and research communities using a variety of social and collaboration tools & technologies
• The candidate must be a strategic and critical thinker, able to efficiently multitask, and to deliver high quality actionable advice on time through a variety of media. The candidate must demonstrate a self-motivated work ethic but also be collaborative within geographically diverse team environment. International experience is desired
• 10-15 years as a CIO, Senior IT leader or Advisor to same with a record of delivering exceptional results; working collaboratively with CEO, CFO, CMO, Public Leadership
• Experience leading business transformation
• Multi-functional experience in private-sector enterprises
• Excellent skills in research, analysis, writing and collaboration
• Desired Language skills: English and Chinese
• Robust public speaking, presentation creation and delivery – cogently leading executive-level engagements in high-profile enterprises
Who you are:
• Collaborative: experienced providing service and collaborating with global colleagues
• Organized - skilled at multitasking, prioritizing and working under tight deadlines and high volume
• Confident – able to make sound decisions on projects with minimum supervision
• Detail oriented - skilled at recognizing and troubleshooting errors
What we offer:
• An upbeat, positive culture. Teamwork, integrity, objectivity, collaboration, and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
• Direct collaboration with global colleagues
• Professional development and growth opportunities
• Competitive salary, 401k match with immediate vesting, and comprehensive benefits (medical, vision, and dental) starting on your first day
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A.– Visit gartner.com to learn more.
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top