Research Director, Team Manager - Legal, Risk & Compliance Practice
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing clients the unbiased insight and advice they need to make the right decisions every day. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you’ll help clients deliver on their mission-critical priorities, grow your career and increase your industry impact. We value hard workers — and reward you with unlimited opportunity. If you’re looking to explore what’s next in technology and business, Gartner is looking for you.
How You Will Make an Impact:
We’re seeking a Team Manager to lead a team of 6-10 associates with direct line responsibility for talent development, stakeholder management, and long-term growth of the research team and legal and compliance product. This Team Manager will work closely with other research directors across the practice to identify and produce research that solve complex business challenges and provide coaching, development, and learning oversight to advance individual researchers’ competencies and capabilities.
As a Team Manager, you will:
- Direct and oversee researchers' workload within and across broad topic areas to ensure a balanced workload that meets business needs and research team and leadership expectations.
- Partner closely with other research directors and managers to ensure alignment and consistency across the work portfolio, and researchers have access to a balanced set of projects and opportunities.
- Manage execution, drive high performance culture and quality of all research output.
- Provide day-to-day coaching and development guidance for direct reports.
- Plan and execute on processes and systems for creating a positive, productive team environment.
- Plan and execute on department-wide training and skill-building initiatives.
- Direct collaborative research inside the team and across other teams.
- Work across the firm to identify and take advantage of overlapping themes and projects.
- As required, lead the team through a proprietary research process including hypothesis generation, primary and secondary research, and root cause analysis to identify best-in-class solutions.
- As required, lead extensive secondary literature searches and elicit the highest quality insights for use in white papers, exclusive member webinars, and highly visible research studies.
- Ensure team follows Gartner policies, processes and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in related field; Masters or PhD preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in academic or applied research, including experience analyzing quantitative and qualitative data.
- 10+ years’ experience in managing projects.
- 3+ years’ experience directly managing individual contributors, or proven track record in coaching and mentoring.
- Polished skills in communication, leadership, planning, motivation, and coaching.
- Credibility to represent Gartner research methodology and strategies effectively at a senior level.
- High level of influence, negotiation & facilitation skills.
- Collaboration and consensus building skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High intercultural awareness.
Job Requisition ID:36115
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top