Research Director, Supply Chain Consumer Goods Analyst, Flexible N.A. or U.K. Location, Gartner Research
· Broad supply chain coverage and support for the consumer product sectors including consumer packaged goods, food and beverage, fashion/footwear/apparel, with a specific focus on trends in the industry.
· Drive research on best practices in supply chain for these sectors. Experience especially in “end to end” consumer product supply chain initiatives such as strategy, performance management, and future trends and innovations. Ideal candidate has expertise in “digital” initiatives including capabilities such as analytics, mobile, Internet of Things, automation, artificial intelligence, etc.
· Responsible for developing and writing in-depth reports that demonstrate a mastery of best practices and strategies to guide user decision-making in supply chain strategy and execution for these sectors.
· Responsible for ongoing publication of research notes that are topical, based on case studies or follow on from research reports to generate client readership and interaction
· Demonstrate expertise through development of presentations and client interaction covering specific trends and best practices.
· Conduct ongoing interaction with clients and prospects in these verticals (including meetings, conference calls, strategy sessions and formal presentations).
· Prepare and deliver presentations at Gartner, industry and professional association conferences, and client briefings. Collaborate across research groups to ensure presentations and messages comprehensively represent best practices.
· Support the Gartner sales team in closing deals through proof of capability.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential duties in a strategic, analytical and articulate manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· Located in the US or EMEA/U.K.
· 15+ years of experience in consumer product supply chain sectors.
· Deep understanding of the end-to-end supply chain, and ability to link best practices, business strategies, goals & metrics to client’s business strategies.
· Ability to interact at all levels of an organization on supply chain and business issues.
· Ability to represent and defend analysis in client interactions.
· Excellent writing and presentation skills. Written work must be concise and persuasive.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
· Be able to travel minimum 8 working days per month and attend 2 Gartner conferences per year.
· Bachelors degree. MBA preferred.
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top