Research Director, Servers and Operators, Gartner Research, Flexible Location
Analyst will create Gartner research and analysis, communicate it to clients and support the sales force in new sales and client retention. The research provides insight, predictions and actionable advice to clients in the area of servers and related operating systems:
- Conduct research and analysis on compute topics in the server and operating systems space. Specific areas of focus will include current and future technologies, procurement, life cycle and management best practices. The ideal candidate will have deep knowledge of current and future market trends including advanced and emerging architectures as well as a knowledge of the impact of open source.
- The analyst will also be asked to address the impact on servers and operating systems of developments in cloud, IoT, digital business, blockchain and machine learning/deep learning/AI.
· They should have an understanding of how related technologies such as networking, storage and management products affect servers and operating systems.
- Preferred location: NA
- Language: proficient in English.
- Cover the specified areas as well as applicable adjacent areas, while maintaining a view across a broad spectrum of the market, to produce innovative, thought-leading, impactful, analytically-deep, fact-based research.
- Lead the research process by identifying critical questions facing Gartner clients and crafting appropriate research methods to address them. Provide in-depth analysis based on extensive client input and personal experience.
- Drive client demand for your personal analysis and presentations.
- Lead a body of research and be recognized in the industry as a subject matter expert – develop a following.
- Create and deliver high value presentations and other materials.
- Assist the Sales organization in selling and retention on any topic covered by the Analyst's team.
- Provide high quality and timely research peer review. Provide mentorship and support team members.
- Lead or participate in research community meetings to discuss research issues and collaborate effectively with peers.
- 10+ years of experience with the majority IT-related. Significant applicable knowledge of server infrastructure, server operating systems such as Windows and Linux, and related areas. Solid understanding of the role of servers in traditional infrastructure environments as well as in evolving webscale, open source and cloud environments.
- Bachelor's Degree and/or advanced professional qualification(s)) in related field. Proven record of academic achievement at highest level. Master's Degree in related discipline an advantage.
- Deep understanding of both technology and industry to include the market, vendors, products and user strategies in specific areas.
- Articulate and succinct communication skills; ability to explain complex ideas effectively.
- Exceptional analytical skills; ability to apply conceptual models, recognizing patterns and drawing and defending conclusions.
- Strong project planning and management skills.
- Strong team-working ethos.
- Exceptional influencing and leadership skills.
- Thought-leadership in establishing research positions across a team of analysts.
- Ability to demonstrate research value leading to successful sales.
- Ability to provide focused one-day client engagements as a research area expert
- Dealing effectively with the press.
- Credibility as an industry leader to represent Gartner research methodology and strategies.
- Willing to travel up to 25% annually
Job ID 00019572
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Regional Vice President, Sales
Erin oversees more than $40 million of business for Gartner while guiding and supporting five separate teams of account executives throughout the greater New York City territory.
Back to top