Research Director - Product Manager and Evangelist
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner Research & Advisory, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing our clients worldwide the unbiased insight they need to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration you’ll not only help clients deliver on their mission critical priorities, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands hard work — and rewards it with exceptional opportunity. If you’re always looking for what’s next in business and technology, Gartner is looking for you.
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. From CIOs and senior IT leaders in corporations and government agencies, to business leaders in high-tech and telecom enterprises and professional services firms, to technology investors, we are the valuable partner to 60,000 clients in 11,700 distinct organizations. Through the resources of Gartner Research, Gartner Executive Programs, Gartner Consulting and Gartner Events, we work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A., and has 4,900 associates, including 1,250 research analysts and consultants, and clients in 85 countries.
For more information, please visit us at http://www.gartner.com/technology/home.jsp .
We are seeking highly motivated and successful product management and evangelist for a Cloud-based product that helps clients select cloud providers, design cloud-native solutions, and give actionable, practical recommendations regarding evaluating and selecting cloud providers.
Qualified candidates will have experience in all aspects of product management including guiding/directing the engineering team, define roadmaps, and setting delivery schedules. In addition, candidates will work with marketing to create marketing material, train Sales teams, define go-to-market strategy, and routinely speak to clients/customers regarding new features and usability.
Top candidates will have a mix product management experience, strong technical skills in cloud computing and software development, client-facing experience, and possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
Qualified candidates will be able to apply the following experience:
- Product management
- Cloud computing
- Client/customer management
- On-stage speaking
- Market collateral creation
The candidate should be familiar with many of the cloud services from the following providers:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Microsoft Azure
- Google Compute Cloud
- IBM Bluemix
- Alibaba Cloud
Job responsibilities include creating product roadmaps (engineering, marketing, events, etc). Develop launch plans for the product. Work with analysts to contribute data to the product. Speak at Gartner events to evangelize the product to clients, answering telephone and email inquiries from clients, and serving as subject matter expert on sales opportunities.
- 10+ years experience building products as a product manager for technical related product
- Bachelor's degree in computer-related field; Masters desirable
- Significant experience with engineering teams and/or software development
- Experience building/managing products for a vendor or running a technology department for an end-user or as a consultant with in depth knowledge of cloud computing.
- Strong communicator who is able to explain complex, visionary concepts both concisely and simply; comfortable speaking to large crowds and creating compelling presentations.
- Ability to create marketing and sales material
- Ability to teach/train large groups of people to effectively sell products
- Ability to speak to prospective clients face-to-face or over the phone and make a compelling argument to sell the product
- Credibility to represent Gartner research products effectively at a senior level
- Other key desirable qualities include being collaborative, creative, and willing to learn
- 25% travel is expected
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer committed to the value of workforce diversity.
Job Requisition ID:25467
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Job ID 25467
Back to top