Research Director - Marketing Research Practice
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner Research & Advisory, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing our clients worldwide the unbiased insight they need to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration you’ll not only help clients deliver on their mission critical priorities, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands hard work — and rewards it with exceptional opportunity. If you’re always looking for what’s next in business and technology, Gartner is looking for you.
How You Will Make an Impact:
Research Directors work closely with C-level executives to identify and produce research that solve complex business challenges on a global scale. This includes directing the scope of the research, identifying and executing on product deliverables including diagnostics and webinars, and building new content ideas.You will need to work with agility to respond to executive needs as they are uncovered and evolve, as well as partner with commercial and other team members to drive to joint success.
The Research Director will manage the research for the Gartner for Marketers which is a subscription-based membership targeting B-to-B and B-to-C CMOs and uncovers best-practice approaches to solve mission-critical priorities and builds frameworks and tools to help clients understand and apply insights. This role will build tools, case studies, diagnostics, and training to help increase returns on marketing spend, influence stakeholders' perceptions and behaviors, and build innovative strategies based on cutting-edge insights.
As a lead on this team, you will:
- Engage executives from Fortune 500 companies to identify their most pressing challenges.
- Lead a Research team through a proprietary research process including hypothesis generation, primary and secondary research, and root cause analysis to identify best-in-class solutions.
- Conduct surveys and phone interviews with executives, academics, and industry experts to discover best practices.
- Lead extensive secondary literature searches and elicit the highest quality insights for use in white papers, exclusive member webinars, and highly visible research studies.
- Present research findings to senior internal managers and member companies.
- Directly lead, develop, and motivate members of the Research team.
- Identify executive needs and develop research and products around them.
- Work across the firm to identify and take advantage of overlapping themes and projects.
- Develop and execute on product plan, including research topics, webinars, diagnostics, and other deliverables.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 7+ years of research experience
- 7+ years of experience in analyzing quantitative and qualitative data to identify relevant findings
- 7+ years of experience conducting primary and secondary research utilizing qualitative and quantitative data
- Experience creating graphical representations of data
- At least one year experience managing projects
- Experience in leading and managing a team of researchers
- Master's or PhD degrees preferred
- Experience with market research or customer analytics preferred
Why You Should Be Interested in a Research Career with Gartner:
- A unique opportunity to explore your intellectual curiosity while working for a global company that is distinguished by the quality of its insights.
- An opportunity to work with and learn from truly exceptional colleagues, in a collaborative, team-based environment.
- Robust training, support, coaching, mentorship, and on-the-job development to achieve career success and advance within the Research Community.
- A work environment characterized by a Spirit of Generosity
Job Requisition ID:26597
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Job ID 26597
Back to top