Research Director, Cloud Platform, Gartner Research
Day-to-Day Job Functions
- Define and conduct ongoing research and analysis covering the leading practices and vendor solutions for professional and managed services opportunities presented by growing cloud IaaS adoption in Greater China.
- Perform research by reading, networking with clients, vendors and analysts, evaluating and analyzing information and participating in Research Meetings and other activities which comprise the Gartner research process
- Produce industry/role-specific research geared towards Technology and Service Provider professionals. Specify and design vendor and user surveys and questionnaires
- Perform strategic analysis of market, market segment and regional/country trends multi-segment and sometimes multi-program data analysis. Add value to the research by analysis (which may include triangulation, pattern recognition, application of experience)
- Help develop marketing collateral in conjunction with marketing
- Assist in developing research content
- Hold informal presentations to internal associates
- Maintain contact lists
- Interact with client inquiry specialists to develop understanding of client needs and aid in determination of the appropriate analysts to cover questions
- Answer telephone and email inquiries from clients in covered topic areas
- Create specified volumes of written documentation of research in fulfillment of our commitment to clients.
- Create materials for and deliver face-to-face before large and small audiences, teleconferenced and taped presentations to clients.
- Provide individualized consulting for clients, which involves presentations regarding Gartner research and findings to individual companies or providing advice to a user or vendor client for a day or two
The successful candidate will create and maintain a body of Gartner research and analysis pertaining to the cloud services market opportunities in the Greater China region. Research will focus on the professional and managed services opportunities presented by growing cloud IaaS adoption in the region. The research will focus on providing insight, thought-leading predictions and actionable advice to Gartner clients. The candidate will focus on written and customer-facing deliverables that retain and grow Gartner contract value in enterprise accounts.
Provide sales support by speaking to prospective and existing clients via telephone, by making face-to face sales calls with sales personnel and by delivering speeches at "prospectors" (half-day seminars whose purpose is attracting prospective clients)
- Bachelor's degree in related field; MBA preferred
8-10+ years’ experience working within IT Services encompassing leadership, strategic planning, consulting, or delivery capacity at an IT Services Provider.
- A detailed knowledge of cloud IaaS is strongly preferred including the following representative vendors: Alibaba, AWS, CIB Fintech, QingCloud, and Tencent .
- Strong background in the following:
- Customer engagement
- Practice leadership
Strong quantitative skills are a must, including the ability to complement, contextualize and continuously project how the Services Marketplace will evolve is required.
- Quantitative/Financial modeling skill are a strong plus. Flexibility and versatility to work with quantitative methods to create, model and express market forecasts and market share estimates as well as explain assumptions and rationale
- Strong attention to detail.
- Basic understanding of market research, data collection and analysis
- Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to explain complex concepts both concisely and simply.
- Strong time/project management skills.
- A strong team working ethos.
Job ID 00014508
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Regional Vice President, Sales
Erin oversees more than $40 million of business for Gartner while guiding and supporting five separate teams of account executives throughout the greater New York City territory.
Back to top