Research Director - CIO Board
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
The Research Board headquartered in New York City, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Gartner, is the only peer advisory research group that provides the deep, objective insight essential for transformative leadership and driving mission-critical priorities in the world's largest, most complex organizations. Research Board provide a sophisticated, highly moderated information exchange which enables members to consult a global community on their unique challenges learning from best practices and hard-won experience in directly comparable environments. The Research Board has conducted research and fostered member conversations for more than 40 years, orchestrating a global ecosystem of members, industry CEOs, venture capitalists, academics and entrepreneurs participating in a mutually enriching exchange based on trust, openness and generosity of spirit. Membership is restricted to global chief information officers and their functional leaders. Members drive the agenda. Facilitated, concise, incisive interactions enable members to explore the broader picture and sharpen their strategic vision.
About the Role
You are primarily responsible for leading a team of research analysts that are charged with creating and delivering strategic content for apex technology leaders (global CIOs and Chief Digital Officers from GRB member companies) through written reports, presentations, teleconferences, interviews, and briefings. You will mentor, guide, and structurally edit the work of these CIO Research Analysts, all while working closely with service delivery associates, to deliver a world-class experience for the membership.
- Lead the team responsible for the delivery of every other CIO research cycle (there are three per year) working with the VP of CIO Research. This includes organizing the research process, having primary oversight for content creation, planning the agenda for the global meetings where the research is presented, identifying members, industry executives, and thought leaders as guest speakers for meetings, and delivering RB research through interactive, thought-provoking presentations at and between meetings.
- Serve members, in conjunction with the Programs team, by helping the team craft must-attend meetings with compelling content and speakers. Aid the Programs team as necessary to serve and retain clients.
- Grow the RB’s network of thought leaders (academics, investors, etc.), startups, and vendors that the research team can draw on for interviews and speakers.
- Provide tailored briefings for clients and their teams reflecting the research, meeting conversations, and speakers, either face-to-face, or via videoconference.
- Provide sales support by speaking to prospective and existing clients by telephone, face-to-face sales.
- Spearhead and support new initiatives that support the Research Board’s growth and evolution, including process innovations.
- Ensure integrity of research & analysis of the team .
- Bachelor’s Degree, Masters preferred
- 8-12 years of research (or perhaps consulting) experience at the intersection of business and technology strategy. Experience working directly with global CIOs and CDOs at large multinational companies (or directly with suppliers and venture capital firms) will prove particularly useful.
- Deep knowledge of the enterprise-focused IT industry and market place..
- Strong command of business strategy concepts; ability to compellingly apply thinking across industries.
- Articulate and succinct communication skills, both verbally and in writing, with public speaking experience.
- Demonstrated ability to piece together fragments of information, applying conceptual models, recognizing patterns, and drawing and framing conclusions in real-time, with clients and during meetings.
- Travel: up to 25%
Job Requisition ID:35716
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
See Inside the Office of Gartner
Gartner is known as the world's leading research and advisory company. But what exactly does that mean? Gartner's teams conduct research, then design products and services based on those objective insights to help clients make the right decisions and be successful. The focus is C-suite senior executives and their teams across the enterprise.
Back to top