Research Director, Business Process Management and Application, Gartner Research and Advisory, Flexible North America
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner Research & Advisory, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing our clients worldwide the unbiased insight they need to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration you’ll not only help clients deliver on their mission critical priorities, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands hard work — and rewards it with exceptional opportunity. If you’re always looking for what’s next in business and technology, Gartner is looking for you.
What makes Gartner Research a GREAT fit for you?
- You are a team player who values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage.
- You are always learning and looking to discover what’s next in technology.
- You pursue personal excellence through team collaboration and consensus.
If this describes you, Gartner is looking for you!
Gartner has an upbeat culture based on collaboration, teamwork, integrity and objectivity that values creativity and innovation. As a Gartner analyst, you’ll not only help clients solve complex challenges and deliver on key initiatives, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. We work hard — and we reward success with exceptional opportunity.
About this role:
This role creates thought leading research within our Applications Design and Development Group for our Gartner for IT Leaders clients through published research, conversations with client (Inquiry), stage presentations, teleconferences, and client meetings. It is important that you have a vision for the impact of business process automation and robotic process automation (RPA) on application development and design and how these strategic technology trends will evolve worldwide and at a regional level within certain vertical markets.
What you’ll do:
As a Gartner analyst, you meet with clients every day: on the phone, in a video-conference, from the stage at a Gartner event or face-to-face during a sales support visit. In every client interaction, you have an opportunity to help clients solve complex organizational challenges that lead to better performance. To support these conversations, you research markets, practices and trends and produce written research for Gartner clients to download and apply.
Key aspects of the Research Director’s role:
- Conduct research and analysis in specific areas of expertise targeting client’s key initiatives.
- Deliver high quality actionable advice through a variety of media.
- Write high quality, clear, actionable, advisory research documents.
- Remain ahead of the curve on developments and issues within these specified areas as well as applicable adjacent areas.
- Respond to client questions, create materials for and deliver to clients in person, via teleconference, video conference or webinar and event presentations
- Maintain the Gartner’s industry leadership reputation by responding to press inquiries
- Proactively work with the wider sales organization and deliver outstanding sales support in order to retain and grow the business
What you’ll need:
It helps to be obsessed with your topic! Gartner analysts are correctly viewed as THE experts. This means you need to know your markets, vendors, trends, management practices, etc. and clearly see both the forest and the trees. Most Gartner analysts have many years of experience and enjoy solving complex problems.
- Subject matter expertise in business process management (BPM) and robotic process automation (RPA) tools and practices, with the ability to demonstrate understanding of the business applications and opportunities in that market. Knowledge of the global landscape for application development, RPA and BPM technologies and platforms. Understanding of applicability to enterprise organizations and digital disruptors, and the competitive interplay between traditional and application development vendors.
- Subject matter expertise in Application Design & Development trends and strategic value, with broad knowledge of programming languages, software development environments, and application architecture trends.
- Ability to formulate and articulate technology and business adoption scenarios that help senior IT leaders articulate the opportunities, risk, and approaches for modernizing application development.
- Ability to collaborate in cross-team settings with colleagues that include application integration/architecture, enterprise architecture, application testing, technology service providers, and industry specific analysts, such as financial services and healthcare.
- Demonstrated superior analytical skills, applying conceptual models, recognizing patterns while drawing and defending conclusions. Strong business and financial acumen as well as analytical skills are required for this position
- Articulate and succinct communication skills. Experience in publishing content and public speaking engagements is an advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a business or technology related role
- Bachelor's or equivalent experience, preferably Computer Science, Math or Engineering, Master's degree preferred
- Ability to conduct occasional travel, regionally and globally
Job Requisition ID:G21677
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Job ID G21677
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Client Partner Area Manager
Joe and his team of six work to understand the mission-critical priorities of Gartner clients and align company resources to help achieve goals and deliver excellent customer service experiences.
Back to top