Research Director, Application Design and User Experience, Flexible NA Location, Gartner Research
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner Research & Advisory, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing our clients worldwide the unbiased insight they need to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration you’ll not only help clients deliver on their mission critical priorities, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands hard work — and rewards it with exceptional opportunity. If you’re always looking for what’s next in business and technology, Gartner is looking for you.
What you will do:
As a Gartner analyst you will meet with clients every day: on the phone, in a video-conference, from the stage at a Gartner event or face-to-face during a sales support visit. In every client interaction analysts help clients solve difficult puzzles that lead to better performance. To support these conversations you will research markets, practices and trends and produce written research for Gartner clients to download and apply.
- Conduct research and analysis in specific areas of expertise targeting client’s key initiatives.
- Deliver high quality actionable advice through a variety of media.
- Write high quality, clear, actionable, advisory research documents.
- Remain ahead of the curve on developments and issues within these specified areas as well as applicable adjacent areas.
- Respond to client questions, create materials for and deliver to clients in person, via teleconference, video conference or webinar and event presentations
- Maintain the Gartner s industry leadership reputation by responding to press inquiries
- Proactively work with the wider sales organization and deliver outstanding sales support in order to retain and grow the business
It helps to be obsessed with your topic! Gartner analysts are correctly viewed as THE experts. This means you need to know your markets, vendors, trends, management practices, etc. and be able to see the forest and the trees. Most Gartner analysts have many years of experience and enjoy solving complex problems.
- Subject matter expertise in Application Design & User Experience, with demonstrated knowledge of software development trends, and emerging best practices for user experience and user interaction.
- Ability to formulate and articulate technology and business adoption scenarios that help senior IT leaders assess the opportunities, risk, and best approaches for modernizing their application development organization. Vertical industry knowledge a plus.
- Ability to collaborate in cross-team settings with colleagues that cover application integration/architecture, enterprise architecture, application testing, technology service providers, and industry specific analysts, such as healthcare and financial services.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, applying conceptual models, recognizing patterns while drawing and defending conclusions. Strong business acumen as well as analytical skills are required for this position
- Articulate and succinct communication skills. Experience in Publishing and Speaking engagements an advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in an application design or development role, software engineering management, product management or similar role
- Bachelor's or equivalent experience, preferably Computer Science, Graphic Design, or Software Engineering; a Master's degree preferred
- Ability to conduct occasional travel, regionally and globally
Job Requisition ID:G18667
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Job ID G18667
Back to top