Research Director, Advanced Manufacturing IT Expert, Gartner Research & Advisory - Flexible U.S. or Europe location
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing clients the unbiased insight and advice they need to make the right decisions every day. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you’ll help clients deliver on their mission-critical priorities, grow your career and increase your industry impact. We value hard workers — and reward you with unlimited opportunity. If you’re looking to explore what’s next in technology and business, Gartner is looking for you.
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a great fit for you?
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing clients the unbiased insight and advice they need to make the right decisions every day. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you’ll help clients deliver on their mission-critical priorities, grow your career and increase your industry impact. We value hard workers — and reward you with unlimited opportunity. If you’re looking to explore what’s next in technology and business, Gartner is looking for you.
Gartner is recruiting for a candidate to create research and advise CIO’s and senior IT leaders on the critical issues impacting the manufacturing industry and the use of technologies in addressing them. The successful candidate will become a leading industry expert in how IT creates value in manufacturing industries, its digital transformation (including some of the organizational and cultural aspects), how to achieve the business objectives by leveraging technology, what technology vendors and emerging technologies should be considered for those initiatives.
As an Analyst Expert, the successful candidate will collaborate with other team members to identify and research areas and topics of significant research interest and need in the mentioned industries. The selected candidate will advise Gartner clients on a wide variety of technical and management issues. This individual must be deeply familiar with the processes, drivers and challenges to manufacturing companies, their customers and partners, as well as the activity cycles surrounding the deployment and implementation of technologies. We are looking for an expert from the industrial manufacturing side. Experience from more than one manufacturing sub-sector, and from working as a CIO, CDO or Enterprise Architect would be a plus.
This role includes the following specific tasks:
- Advise clients (virtually and in-person), in multiple time zones and countries, in how to solve manufacturing company challenges at the intersection of business and IT.
- Develop Gartner internal research plans by identifying clients must have operational and strategic advisory requirements
- Prepare thought-leading, actionable written research, working in a peer review structure.
- Speak at Gartner or other conferences as a subject-matter expert.
- Demonstrate sophisticated skill at analysis - seeking out and piecing together fragments of information, extrapolating data sets and survey results, building and applying conceptual models, recognizing patterns and drawing conclusions from disparate data.
- Attend vendor briefings, vendor events, client meetings or exhibitions as required to further Gartner’s research positions.
- Assist and collaborate other parts of Gartner when required such as for sales support; support to Gartner’s separate consulting division, and other research teams.
Coverage could include but is not limited to:
- The trends in manufacturing impacting CIOs, including specific trends of the industrial sub-sector.
- The impact of emerging technology on manufacturing innovations
- Manufacturing Technology and strategies for systems like PLM, ERP and MES and for upcoming technologies such as 3D Printing, Edge Devices, Digital-Twins, AI, blockchain, machine learning or Mixed Reality
- Evolutionary concepts such as Industrie 4.0, IIC or other ecosystem and platform initiatives
- Operational Technology Management Systems, such as SCADA, PLCs etc.
- The impact of technologies on business models and industry convergence
- Information Technology innovation initiatives in the manufacturing industry
Desired Skills an d Experience
- 10+ years of experience in the industrial manufacturing
- Minimum 5 years of IT experience on strategic technology and/or business challenges leveraging technology
- Excellent understanding of IT needs of manufacturers
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Understanding of solutions (and vendors) for manufacturing digital and IT technologies
- Contract review experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s degree or higher preferred
Job Requisition ID:39396
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
See Inside the Office of Gartner
Gartner is known as the world's leading research and advisory company. But what exactly does that mean? Gartner's teams conduct research, then design products and services based on those objective insights to help clients make the right decisions and be successful. The focus is C-suite senior executives and their teams across the enterprise.
Back to top