What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner Research & Advisory, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing our clients worldwide the unbiased insight they need to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration you’ll not only help clients deliver on their mission critical priorities, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands hard work — and rewards it with exceptional opportunity. If you’re always looking for what’s next in business and technology, Gartner is looking for you.
The successful Analyst candidate will create Gartner research and analysis, communicate it to clients and support the sales force in new sales and client retention. Gartner research provides insight, predictions and actionable advice to clients in the area of Data & Analytics Strategies, Competencies and Technologies
Conduct research and analysis within the space of Analytics and Business Intelligence. Specific areas of focus will include strategies, architectures, best practices to technologies and vendors of Business Intelligence, analytics, AI/ML capabilities such as text analytics or predictive and prescriptive analytics, have an understanding of how related technologies such data warehouse, database management systems and data integration systems underpin analytics.
- Cover the specified areas as well as applicable adjacent areas, while maintaining a view across a broad spectrum of the market, to produce innovative, thought-leading, impactful, analytically-deep, fact-based research.
- Lead the research process by identifying critical questions facing Gartner clients and crafting appropriate research methods to address them. Provide in-depth analysis based on extensive client input and personal experience.
- Drive client demand for your personal analysis and presentations.
- Lead a body of research and be recognized in the industry as a subject matter expertdevelop a following.
- Create and deliver high value presentations and other materials.
- Assist the Sales organization in selling and retention on any topic covered by the Analyst's team.
- Provide high quality and timely research peer review. Provide mentorship and support team members.
- Lead or participate in research community meetings to discuss research issues and collaborate effectively with peers.
Preferred location: Beijing, Hong Kong, mainland China
Language: proficient in English, with a 2nd language of Mandarin.
- 5-12 years of experience in Analytics & BI with the majority IT-related. Candidates demonstrate evidence of progressive advancement in shaping product or market strategy (if from a vendor background) or in assuming responsibility for functional areas or projects (if from a user background).
- Bachelor's Degree and/or advanced professional qualification(s)) in related field. Proven record of academic achievement at highest level. Master's Degree in related discipline an advantage.
- Significant applicable experience in related industry discipline and deep knowledge of a particular market, industry or role; deep understanding of both technology and industry to include the market, vendors, products and user strategies in specific areas.
- Articulate and succinct communication skills; ability to explain complex ideas effectively.
- Exceptional analytical skills; ability to apply conceptual models, recognizing patterns and drawing and defending conclusions.
- Strong project planning and management skills.
- Strong team-working ethos.
- Exceptional influencing and leadership skills.
Job Requisition ID:G22416
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Job ID G22416
Back to top