Research Content Team Leader - GetApp
What Makes Gartner Digital Markets a GREAT fit?
Gartner Digital Markets supports the technology needs of small and medium sized organizations. The business is comprised of three brands - Software Advice, Capterra and GetApp - who are the leaders in helping small businesses select the right software. For candidates exploring the technology space for their next opportunity, Gartner Digital Markets can offer the excitement of working for a start-up, balanced by the stability of a large established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in a company that is growing and transforming.
About this Role
This role is responsible for growing and managing a team of six to eight analysts that create content in a variety of software markets. The goal of the content is to help business leaders understand, find and use the right software to accelerate business growth. This content should grow brand awareness and authority by driving visitor traffic, reader engagement, calls to action, conversions, SEO links, and social media mentions (e.g. Tweets, Likes and comments). The role helps ensure content standards are being met and that communication and collaboration across Gartner Digital Markets properties are taking place through solid peer collaboration.
What you will do
- Strong leadership to manage a team of six to eight analysts through the following: content planning, content production, performance feedback, professional development guidance, with regular 1 on 1 meetings to ensure content production, quality and strategic goals are met by team members. Involved in identifying, interviewing, and selecting new team members
- Drive and guide content strategy, pursuing business goals, driving content quality improvements, aligning with marketing needs and continuous improvement to content planning, production, publishing and promotion processes
- Develop and execute property-wide strategies to improve content quality and effectiveness.
- Improve the quality of Digital Markets research content types and methodologies.
- Assist all of Digital Markets content organization in developing and sharing best-practices and continuously innovating over time
- Drive new market/category coverage with editorial content
- Protect the Digital Markets brand reputation with unbiased content that helps buyers succeed in finding and using the right software
- Ability to lead, manage and influence a team of individual contributors
- Understand and meet the needs of readers to deliver and plan helpful content at the highest level
- Ensure maximum efficiency in the editing and production of content
- Demonstrate sound judgment of editorial quality of the team’s output
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work in an extremely hectic, time-sensitive environment
- Consistently deliver high-quality and effective content that meets traffic, engagement and call to action goals
- Demonstrate and encourage adherence to Gartner’s Mission and Core Values
What you will need
- The role requires a four-year degree from an accredited college or university preferably with a focus on journalism, writing, or content creation related field
- 8 years + of Web Content Marketing experience
- Demonstrated at least 4 years of relevant leadership/management experience
- Experience and leadership of technology coverage is a strong plus
- Experience in analytical, research-oriented roles
- Basic to intermediate Google Analytics skills
- Intermediate to advanced spreadsheet (e.g., Excel, Google Sheets) skills
- Strong knowledge of basic SEO best practices
- Demonstrated leadership of projects, processes or people
- Demonstrated persistence, agility, emotional intelligence and strategic thinking
What we offer
- A collaborative, positive culture. You will work with people who are as enthusiastic, smart and drive you are. You will be managed by the best profesionals
- Limitless growth and learning opportunities. We offer the excitement of a fast-paced entrepreneurial workplace and the professional growth opportunities of an established global organization
- We offer a competitive salary, generous benefits and great perks
*Application should be in English
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading research and advisory company. The company helps business leaders across all major functions in every industry and enterprise size with the objective insights they need to make the right decisions. Gartner's comprehensive suite of services delivers strategic advice and proven best practices to help clients succeed in their mission-critical priorities. Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A., and has more than 13,000 associates serving clients in 11,000 enterprises in 100 countries. For more information, visit www.gartner.com .
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top