Research Consultant-Supply Chain, Gartner Research & Advisory
What makes Gartner Research a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner Research, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing our clients worldwide the unbiased insight they need to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration you’ll not only help clients deliver on the promise of digital, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands hard work — and rewards it with exceptional opportunity. If you’re always looking for what’s next in technology, Gartner is looking for you.
Gartner,Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world s leading research and advisory company. We help business leaders across all major functions in every industry and enterprisesize with the objective insights they need to make the right decisions.
Our comprehensive suite of services delivers strategic advice and proven best practices to help clients succeed in their mission-critical priorities. Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has more than 13,000 associates serving clients in 11,000 enterprises in 100 countries.
By pooling the collective experience of leading executives and world class companies in our member network, we cultivate data and fact-based insights about corporate performance. These insights allow us to develop research,analytic tools, and solutions that empower corporate leaders.
We are not a scientific research company. We focus on discovering big ideas that impact corporate functions, including sales and marketing, finance,technology, legal, procurement, and human resources.
How You Will Make an Impact at Gartner:
As a Research Consultant, you will work closely with C-level executives to identify and produce research that solves complex business challenges on a global scale. This Research Consultant will produce research within Gartner Supply Chain, which is a subscription-based membership targeting Chief Supply Chain Officers and Enterprise Supply Chain Leaders (in Planning, Sourcing,Quality, Manufacturing, Logistics, etc.).
As a member on this team, you will:
- Engage executives from Fortune 500- and mid- size companies to identify their most pressing business challenges.
- Lead a Research team through Gartner 's proprietary research process including hypothesis generation, primary and secondary research, and root cause analysis to identify best-in-class solutions.
- Conduct phone interviews with executives, academics,and industry experts to discover best practices.
- Lead extensive secondary literature searches and elicit the highest quality insights for use in white papers, exclusive member webinars, and highly visible research studies.
- Present research findings to senior Gartner managers and member companies.
- Bachelor s degree required
- 4+ years of research experience
- 4+ years of experience in analyzing quantitative and qualitative data to identify relevant findings
- 4+ years of experience conducting primary and secondary research utilizing qualitative and quantitative data
- Experience creating graphical representations of data
- At least one year experience managing projects
- Experience in or desire to lead and manage a team of researchers
- Must be willing to work out of CEB Headquarters in Arlington, VA
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Master s or PhD in a social science strongly preferred
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Prior team management experience
- 3+ years of project management experience
- Demonstrated ability to teach and relay ideas, engage clients and work in a team
- Experience communicating complex data through relevant means to senior leaders
To learn more about how we help decision makers fuel the future of business, visit gartner.com.
Job Requisition ID:G21398
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Job ID G21398
Back to top