Research Analyst, Gartner Research & Advisory
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner Research & Advisory, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing our clients worldwide the unbiased insight they need to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration you’ll not only help clients deliver on their mission critical priorities, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands hard work — and rewards it with exceptional opportunity. If you’re always looking for what’s next in business and technology, Gartner is looking for you.
What you will do:
- Build a deep understanding of management practices cutting across functional areas to create actionable and insightful content
- Articulate the underlying drivers to a problem or observation (i.e. apply reasoning beyond surface-level observations) using analytical tools such as root cause analysis.
- Develop insights that are practical and actionable (not academic) grounded in functional executives’ workflows, and should help drive a change in behavior/ improve productivity.
- Conduct interviews with executives, academics, and industry experts in search of best practices, tools, and artifacts.
- Effectively translate insights into compelling implementation products that are easy-to-use, intuitive, and can be easily integrated into the member workflow.
- Drive product and process innovations to improve member experience and drive commercial impact.
- Present research findings via both written and verbal delivery to internal and external stakeholders.
- Deliver on a regular calendar of research deliverable – Ignition Guides, tool, whitepapers, and blogs– around a specific management challenge faced by functional leaders
This opportunity gives researchers an exposure to the full range of management practices adopted by all functional leaders. Topics covered in the past include – digital transformation, building a strong workforce, driving cost optimization among others. To that end, we are looking for creative, analytically strong, articulate and self-motivated individuals who would like to develop a strong knowledge of management practices along with building consultative problem-solving skills.
Who you are:
- Masters with 0-3 years of experience
- Strong analytical skills and ability to distill data into important, relevant ''so what's'' for senior managers
- Self-driven and can work with geographically spread teams
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Strong appetite to dive deep into a given management practice to develop expertise and distill key findings.
- Demonstrated poise, maturity, and judgment in dealing with members
- Proven competence for meeting deadlines, multi-tasking under pressure and managing work under ambiguity
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with particular attention to precision of language and ability to organize information logically.
- Extensive knowledge of MS-Excel, MS-Word and MS-PowerPoint
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Generous performance-based rewards
- Opportunities to strengthen market research expertise
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. From CIOs and senior IT leaders in corporations and government agencies, to business leaders in high-tech and telecom enterprises and professional services firms, to technology investors, we are the valuable partner to clients in more than 10,000 distinct enterprises worldwide. Through the resources of Gartner Research, Gartner Executive Programs, Gartner Consulting and Gartner Events, we work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has 8,300 associates, including over 1,800 research analysts and consultants, and clients in more than 90 countries.
Job Requisition ID:27041
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
See Inside the Office of Gartner
Gartner is known as the world's leading research and advisory company. But what exactly does that mean? Gartner's teams conduct research, then design products and services based on those objective insights to help clients make the right decisions and be successful. The focus is C-suite senior executives and their teams across the enterprise.
Back to top