Research Analyst (Cybersecurity for Midsize Enterprise), Gartner Research & Advisory
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner Research & Advisory, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing our clients worldwide the unbiased insight they need to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration you’ll not only help clients deliver on their mission critical priorities, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands hard work — and rewards it with exceptional opportunity. If you’re always looking for what’s next in business and technology, Gartner is looking for you.
Gartner is the world's leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. Gartner is built upon the foundation of an incredible team of over 1,100 expert analysts, who provide clients with objective and actionable insight through written research, advisory calls, Gartner events and consulting support. In order to efficiently scale and continue to delight customers, Gartner has established a new associate-level Research Analyst Lab located in our Ft. Myers Center of Excellence.Analysts on this exciting new team will be aligned with Gartner s most visionary experts to directly support clients by writing research and delivering compelling interactions. High-performing analysts in our Ft. Myers Center of Excellence will develop into thought leaders and progress on an amazing career trajectory. As a member of the Research Analyst Lab you will:
- Help top executives at leading organizations solve complex issues and achieve their mission-critical priorities
- Synthesize complex information into concise and dynamic must-have written research
- Conduct compelling advisory calls with our clients to contextualize Gartner s research and provide actionable advice
- Thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment working closely with global research teams.
- Eagerness to learn and grow
- High intellectual clockspeed
- Self-motivated and resourceful
- Effective collaborator
- Exceptionally clear and direct communicator
- Service-oriented mindset
- Familiarity with security practices and challenges of MSE enterprises
- Broad working knowledge of all aspects of security, and the corresponding strategies and service and market evolution.
- Familiarity with vendors including the major ones like Cisco, Barracuda, Veritas, Symantec and others such as Arctic Wolf, GuardiCore, OPAQ, Armis.
- Ability to review and comment on MSE security agreements
- Understanding business fundamentals
- Curiosity in cyber security and other adjacent technologies such as IoT.
- Market research, data collection and analysis
- Strong writing and verbal skills
- Project and program management fundamentals
- Proven ability to excel in a fast paced, matrixed, global environment
- 3-8 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent technical experience.
- Security and risk management leaders in midsize enterprises (MSEs) can be overwhelmed by the abundance of hype, innovation and emerging trends in today's security markets and 40% don t have discrete security officers. The individual must have applicable experience to be knowledgeable about the most appropriate security technologies for MSEs and prioritize the actions they can take to protect their enterprises and be accepted by clients as knowledgeable.
- This includes expertise in Prevention: basic security functions and practices such as patch management, vulnerability management and system hardening.
- Detection: response practices and technologies by expanding the depth and breadth of security event monitoring and investing in incident response capabilities.
- Assessment and Procurement: Assess which security functions can be effectively delivered as a service to minimize internal staffing requirements and the best terms and conditions for acquiring them.
- Expertise can be as a practitioner, consultant and/or product developer from a relevant software vendor organization. The applicant could also be from an end user in the form of security architect or officer. The expertise needed typically entails an understanding of business, implementations, change management and technology aspects and very strong communication skills.
Job Requisition ID:G22020
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Job ID G22020
Back to top