What makes Gartner Consulting a GREAT fit for you?
A career at Gartner Consulting will be unlike any other you have experienced. Not only are we are passionate about technology and its application, we are also committed to attracting the most creative, talented and driven consultants to take our world-renowned Gartner research to a whole new level. When you join Gartner Consulting, you will lead some of the most innovative business and technology efforts in the marketplace today. Our consultants are technology thought leaders for the 21st century. You can expect to connect technology innovations to the strategic requirements of an organization and to the commercial needs of a business, all within the context of the changing digital economy. Consulting associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development. If you thrive on solving complex business challenges with technology, Gartner is the place for you.
About this role:
The reporting specialist role will be responsible for developing and maintaining reports using various technologies. Focus will be both strategic and tactical reports that assist in running the Consulting business
What you’ll do:
- Develop a proficiency in the retrieval and manipulation of data from spreadsheets, a data warehouse or database environment.
- Develop a strong understanding of the Consulting data and how it can be leveraged in reports.
- Design, develop and test enhancements to existing or new reports and dashboards.
- Effectively communicate changes and concerns.
- Provide reports used for weekly, monthly or annual analysis to business leaders.
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders in the operations organization to define and execute on reporting needs. This will include gathering and documenting reporting requirements.
- Transform requirements for data into creative, easy to consume business analytics
- Respond to data requests from Consulting leadership in a timely and efficient manner
What you’ll need:
- Bachelors/4 year university degree
- 5+ years of business experience with 3+ years of experience in the BI space
- Ability to work well both independently and on a team in a deadline driven environment
- Advanced Excel skills, Advanced Microsoft Access skills, intermediate to advanced SQL skills, hands on experience with one or more BI platforms (a strong preference towards Oracle BI tools), Experience with data visualization a plus
- Strong written and verbal English language skills
- Detail-oriented with an unwavering commitment to pursue relevant and accurate data
- Results-oriented -- ability to handle multiple, time-sensitive projects while focusing on the quality of work delivered and meeting deadlines
What Gartner Consulting will offer you?
- A world-class consulting environment
- The opportunity to work on cutting edge IT strategy engagements with a tier one client portfolio
- A competitive salary
- Structured bonus based on individual and corporate performance
- Opportunities for promotion with a clear defined career development structure
- Opportunity to participate actively in the development and future of Gartner Consulting
- A dynamic but relaxed and supportive working environment that encourages personal development
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A. – Visit gartner.com to discover more.
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top