SCM World is Gartner’s cross industry community powered by the world’s most influential senior supply chain practitioners. Gartner’s supply chain mission is to advance the profession of supply chain management and the SCM World peer community is fundamental to achieving that. The SCM World Head Office is based in central London and provides an environment for exceptional professional development .
We are looking to hire an experienced Relationship Manager, whose primary goal is to be client focused in everything they do, for a portfolio of our member companies .
You will need to be confident, goal orientated and be a clear communicator, providing members with a first class service. Relationship managers are expected to generate credibility and build strong connections with C-Level and VP-level executives within our member companies, tailoring customer engagements to unique customer requirements. You will manage the day to day running of your accounts, ensuring that all agreed actions and programs are managed and delivered to a high standard. In addition, you will be expected to build successful working relationships with internal business partners, working particularly closely with account executives to maximise the commercial value in your account portfolio.
Skills and expertise
The successful candidate will:
· Have an extensive account management background, along with substantial skills in building and maintaining relationships with business partners
· Be used to working towards client engagement (metric) based targets
· Be articulate and influential, with the ability to successfully communicate the SCM World proposition to senior leaders in Fortune 500 companies
· Have a bias to being outcome focused, consistently looking to maximise engagement points with members, to drive customer satisfaction
· Be persuasive and compelling in expressing ideas, concepts and opportunities
· Be able to work independently as well as collaboratively as part of a team
- Working closely with large companies on their most pressing supply chain initiatives
- Providing world class service to deliver SCM World/Gartner resources to meet client needs
- Building strong relationships with supply chain executives within our member companies
- Creating customer deliverables and collateral
- Scheduling and program management with customers
You are the right candidate for this role if you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree (2:1 or above preferred) and 1-3 years’ work experience in a service oriented role
- Supply Chain knowledge is an advantage
- Be a driven and motivated self-starter with a results focus mind-set
- Have evidence of being a top performer
- Be intellectually curious with an interest in learning about their customers
- Be adaptable and innovative and able to keep pace in an agile environment of change
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to build rapport at all levels of an organization
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top