Regional Manager - Worldwide Technical Support
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role:
Manages a team of Technical support specialists that provide second level support to identify and solve technical issues to meet Gartner standards and SLA's for all Gartner Associates (in local and regional Gartner offices or working remotely), as well as support for complex technical issues.
The Regional Manager also provide technical expertise and resource for projects, site visits and Gartner Events support as well as mentoring and providing an escalation point to Technical Support Specialists. In addition, may be required to provide Systems, Telecoms and Real Estate Operations support for specific office locations.
What you’ll do:
- Manages a team delivering escalated (level 2) technical support for a region: Provides advanced technical hardware troubleshooting & diagnosis, software troubleshooting/installation, and information gathering to provide business solutions to keep Gartner Associates and infrastructure operational 24x7, and resource accordingly
- Recruit, train, support & mentor the regional team
- Ensures Asset Management is accurately maintained
- Actively participates in development and implementation of support processes & best practices and ensures they are followed.
- Act as project lead on certain projects, ensuring they are delivered on time
- Ensure the team are resourced correctly and supporting associates proactively e.g. Support Lounge, training, tech orientations etc.
- Active Management of Service Request, Incident, and Activities: Responsible for ensuring all associate interactions are accurately documented, assigned, and communicated in order to determine and resolve issues, escalate if necessary, and provide solutions for future problem resolution and process improvements. Act as an escalation point to Technical Support Specialists locally or regionally.
- Management of Real Estate Operations: When requested ensure that occupancy data is maintained, relocations, office moves and restacks are completed on time and within budget with good feedback from associates.
- Management of support provided for Systems & Telecom if needed
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional qualification
- A+ Certification
- 8+ years’ experience in a technical support/operational role
- Experience in mentoring and/or managing IT teams & projects across multiple sites
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, time management and communication skills.
- Strong client focus, interaction and resolution experience
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a high volume, process-oriented environment.
Who you are:
- Motivated, high-potential performer, with demonstrated ability to influence and lead
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change
- Teachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading research and advisory company. The company helps business leaders across all major functions in every industry and enterprise size with the objective insights they need to make the right decisions. Gartner’s comprehensive suite of services delivers strategic advice and proven best practices to help clients succeed in their mission-critical priorities. Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has more than 13,000 associates serving clients in 11,000 enterprises in 100 countries. For more information, visit gartner.com.
Job ID 00017595
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Regional Vice President, Sales
Erin oversees more than $40 million of business for Gartner while guiding and supporting five separate teams of account executives throughout the greater New York City territory.
Back to top