Recruitment Manager, Research
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. From CIOs and senior IT leaders in corporations and government agencies, to business leaders in high-tech and telecom enterprises and professional services firms, to technology investors, we are the valuable partner to clients in approximately 10,000 distinct enterprises worldwide. Through the resources of Gartner Research, Gartner Executive Programs, Gartner Consulting and Gartner Events, we work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has 14,000 associates, including more than 1,500 research analysts and consultants, and clients in 90 countries.
Lead and manage local/regional team aligned to specific business unit recruiting strategy. Lead team responsible for qualifying and matching candidates to defined sales profiles and specific open requisitions across assigned channel(s). Guide hiring managers and other key stakeholders on candidate sourcing, recruitment channels and market conditions. Develop a thorough understanding of the business, client needs and specific talent pools.
- Lead team and contribute individually in developing recruiting specifications with hiring managers, including facilitating recruiting strategy.
- Manage and oversee team of recruiters, including handling performance management, IDPs, hiring, onboarding, training, coaching and counseling
- Play active collaboration role with Sourcing Area Manager and HRP for channel Ensure critical feedback loop on specific traits for channel roles and adjust as needed. Ensure profile alignment to market and any market challenges are addressed and managed as appropriate.
- Create, lead and drive candidate-centric focus across team of recruiters. Model, monitor and ensure best-in-class candidate care through recruiting lifecycle.
- Partner with channel leaders and HRPs to conduct workforce planning and align recruiting plan for the year; act as point of escalation as challenges arise.
- Partner with Sales channel leadership team members to fully understand channel and market challenges, recruiting specifications and develop an appropriate recruiting strategy.
- In partnership with Sourcing Area Manager, continually manage and monitor team's workload, ensuring effective results and making adjustments and changes as needed for optimal performance.
- Partner with Sourcing Area Managers to ensure strategy for actively sourcing candidates is aligned to the channel. Actively pursue all channels (Internet, networking, print media, etc) to form a knowledge base of where to find the best candidates for each particular role.
- Understand Gartner's strategic imperatives and apply recruiting expertise to address client needs.
- Manage overall data integrity within applicant tracking system, ensuring team’s timely entry within database to ensure accurate reporting to channel leadership according to BU’s reporting cadence.
- Coach and counsel RRMs to guide and coach their BU managers in interview process/skills to ensure compliance and minimize risk factors.
- Integrate and ensure clear and timely communication of disposition of all candidate feedback from RRMs back to Sourcers.
- Manage the full recruitment cycle for complex and senior level hires per business unit and/or channel requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in a recruitment vendor/agency responsible for full life cycle recruiting including direct research
- People management experience preferred.
- Experience "in house" handling complex and senior level hiring with hiring manager contact up to GVP level.
- Proven ability to attract, lead, motivate and inspire a team of recruiting associates
- Demonstrated ability to use applicant tracking system and social media tools
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and experience managing multiple relationships and volume vacancies
- Proven ability to partner, influence and create trust-based, value-added relationships in a global, matrix environment
- Ability to coach and manage recruiters and understand and prioritize and communicate resourcing needs
- Proven ability to solve problems and think creatively
- Demonstrated ability to model, influence and manage team to maintain rigor in process, compliance, and operational expertise
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top