Quality Assurance Specialist
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
Evanta is seeking a Test Technician team player who has the experience and skill set to immediately contribute on projects involving custom CRM, event management and mobile application development.
The successful candidate will be a key player of an agile development team tasked with testing and supporting complex Ruby applications built using Rails4. The candidate should have knowledge of using automated testing tools such as Cypress as well as Unit Testing (Rspec) with experience in programming.
Candidate will participate in development meetings with other team members, develop and deliver plans and associated estimates for software tests and track and provide feedback for your work. You will be working in an environment where high performance, high quality and attention to detail are expected.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of software automated tests and unit tests
- Responsible for software support and bug reporting
- Required to work with little supervision and have strong written and verbal communication
- Terrific attitude and enthusiastic demeanor
- Attention to detail
- Automated testing tool experience (Cypress)
- Unit testing experience (Rspec)
- Cross-browser testing
- Programming experience (Ruby or PHP a plus)
- Database experience (PostgreSQL/MySQL a plus)
- Ability to prioritize own work, multi-task, and meet deadlines
- Must be able to work independently and learn new systems quickly
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or combination of work experience and education
Pluses would include:
- Ruby/Rails experience
- Rspec testing experience
- jQuery experience
- Behavior driven testing
- Mac OS X familiarity
Job Requisition ID:39594
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top