Public Safety and Justice IT Strategy Consultant - RMS / CAD
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. From CIOs and senior IT leaders in corporations and government agencies, to business leaders in high-tech and telecom enterprises and professional services firms, to technology investors, we are the valuable partner to clients in over 13,000 distinct organizations. Through the resources of Gartner Research, Gartner Executive Programs, Gartner Consulting and Gartner Events, we work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA.
For more information, visit us at: http://www.gartner.com/technology/about.jsp
The Director is viewed as a key resource in one or more technology and areas. The Director will have knowledge of some public safety technology such as CAD/RMS, 911, NG911, Courts Administration. The Director is expected to independently manage medium to large sized project teams, and is considered to be fully proficient in full delivery of one or more consulting service offerings (e.g., IT strategy, enterprise solutions, sourcing, and architecture).
- -Public Safety and Justice IT Subject Matter Expert/Engagement Manager - Consulting;
- -Leads complex project teams and leads project/engagement planning for major engagements
- -Qualifies and scopes opportunities
- -Initiates opportunities for new business and leads sales pursuits
- -Directs the development of proposals, identifies optimal client solutions and communicates the Gartner value proposition
- -Manages project teams by developing work plans and managing project execution timelines and budgets
- -Defines tasks and mentors others on the completion of tasks
- -Provides leadership and quality control for all deliverables
- -Leads and actively drives expertise/insight into the delivery of solutions
- -Leads the identification of project issues performing root cause analysis and developing recommendations that meet client needs
- -Directs the development of verbal and written project communications in formal and informal settings to senior audiences
- -Delivers complex and/or sensitive communication
- -Monitors risk mitigation activities to ensure risks are satisfactorily addressed
- -Identifies individual team members’ personal concerns and work/relationship problems and provides guidance and solutions.
- -Manages contacts with client executives; plans and facilitates critical meetings.
- -Ensures client receives status updates and that identified problems are solved
- -Monitors clients’ expectations and oversees revisions to project scope
- -Delivers a complete solution in complex environments.
- -Develops long-term client relationships within an engagement leading to repeat business opportunities
- -Participates in the development of account plans and is actively involved in the development and growth of strategic client accounts
- -Develops consultants with advanced knowledge in one or more domains – business, process, technology
- -Keeps current on technologies/trends in multiple domains.
- -Demonstrates deep knowledge and interest in Public Sector (particularly at the state and local level)
- -Transfers knowledge regarding a client vertical.
- -Transfers the understanding of a client’s “business,” critical success factors and the business environment in which it operates
- -Leverages a deep understanding of client’s perspectives to lead successful engagements
- -Anticipates and addresses customer service requirements
- -Develops alternative approaches to address complex client requirements and develops discussion proposals
- -Demonstrates knowledge sharing within and outside of engagement setting
- -Provides expertise to less experienced associates
- Serves as an associate counselor
- -Uses a process to evaluate associates’ performance and develops improvement plans
- -Leads improvements in internal operations by recommending changes to processes or procedures
- -Fosters environment of continuous improvements
- -Sponsors, participates and actively supports recruiting efforts to help the business grow
- -Demonstrates success in developing associates
- -Communicates and implements the Consulting Strategic Plan
- -10 - 15 years’ experience in Management Consulting and/or Advisory related engagements, ideally with a top-tier firm and focused on Public Safety and Justice (some aspects of Police, Fire, 911, judiciary, Integrated Justice
- -Alternatively – experience with systems integration of Public Safety and Justice technology (i.e. CAD/RMS, 911 systems, JMS, Case Management, digital justice, etc.)
- -Demonstrated understanding of, and experience in Public Safety and Justice systems (Police, Fire, 911, Integrated Justice)
- -Knowledge of and demonstrated experience with public sector business development and procurement processes.
- -Extremely strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- -Must be comfortable working with large amounts of sensitive client data sets
- -Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics. Commerce and/or other Quantitative discipline
- -Proven background in MS Office Suite – specifically and importantly expert knowledge of MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- -Good oral and written communication skills with proven ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- -Ability to work fully independently and lead delivery teams with some oversight from manager
- -Ability to reuse institutional intellectual property and research and adapt to client specific circumstances.
- -Travel to client sites required (on average 50% travel is required)
- -Candidate Location; Mid-West, Los Angeles, CA, New York, NY
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top