What makes Gartner Sales a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll set your career on track for outstanding achievement with a company that knows no limits. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our sales associates earn a competitive base salary, uncapped commissions and exceptional benefits — along with top training and support, and all-expenses-paid luxury incentive trips for high performers. If you’re coachable, persistent, smart, executive-savvy, and looking for your next great adventure, Gartner is the place for you.
Gartner is searching for a Proposal Manager based in Egham, U.K., to join our global proposal team. This centre of excellence provides proposal management services, as well as proposal tools, templates and training, to Gartner’s sales force. The Egham-based Proposal Manager will have primary responsibility for EMEA government proposals, and must also be able to support proposals for other governments and commercial organisations worldwide.
- Lead proposal development by creating schedules, conducting meetings and driving projects to successful completion- on time
- Responsible for analysing the RFP/bid requirements against the proposal outline to ensure both compliance and responsiveness to the clients’ needs and issues, and high quality of all proposals delivered.
- Partner with several levels of sales associates to facilitate the development of the sales strategy as it relates to the deal at hand, and write strategic, client-focused proposals
- Understand the organisation structure and develop an excellent understanding of Gartner’s portfolio of services.
- Use templates and content designed to promote Gartner brand consistency
- Support global corporate proposal initiatives such as the development of content libraries, tools and templates.
- Must coordinate with sales, consultants, contracts, document services, and resources across all Gartner business units and shared services as appropriate, throughout EMEA, to write winning proposals
- Collaborate with sales teams to ensure demonstration of Gartner’s unique differentiators and a clear understanding of Gartner’s value and benefits to clients. Guide sales teams in persuasive proposal writing and proposal best practice
- Other reasonable and normal duties associated with the Proposal Manager position, as directed by manager
- 3-4+ years of proposal writing, management or development experience.
- Ability to complete tasks in a fast-paced, high-stakes environment is necessary.
- Ability to communicate and influence at a senior level.
- Specific expertise with government tenders in the U.K. and across Europe required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Extremely strong writing skills. Excellent attention to detail.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office products (especially Word and PowerPoint) and familiarity with Adobe Acrobat.
- Multi-lingual skills a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or equivalent required.
- Knowledge of proposal automation tools a plus.
- Experience in business-to-business services or technology a plus.
Job Requisition ID:34147
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
See Inside the Office of Gartner
Gartner is known as the world's leading research and advisory company. But what exactly does that mean? Gartner's teams conduct research, then design products and services based on those objective insights to help clients make the right decisions and be successful. The focus is C-suite senior executives and their teams across the enterprise.
Back to top