Project Manager, Scrum Master
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
About the role:
Gartner is looking for a well-rounded Project Manager who can provide project leadership supporting Product Delivery. The candidate will be responsible for program and project management of key initiatives needed to build and run Gartner’s customer facing web sites, mobile applications and vendor integrations. These include Gartner Product Portal sites, Gartner Marketing sites, Community applications, Mobile applications and integration with back office applications. The candidate will be responsible for project deliverables, project schedule/budget, Relationship Management and Vendor Management. The ideal candidate will be someone who has worked in an Agile/SCRUM environment, has worked closely with business partners, has played a key role in supporting a customer-facing website, and has demonstrable experience managing relationships/expectations of the business and development teams.
What you’ll do:
- Ensures Agile/Scrum process is implemented effectively and provides coaching at the team level to maximize its benefits
- Exhibits desire to continuously learn new tools, techniques, and methodologies
- Exhibits ability to run projects using the Agile Scrum methodologies, from small teams to large, with multiple outside dependencies and 3rd party project team members
- Effectively communicates with cross functional teams
- Has excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Interacts seamlessly with both business and project teams
- Facilitate discussions that lead to the resolution of project issues and development impediments
- Report project progress to management and executive level stakeholders
- Communicates the release plan with key stakeholders and end users
- Deep working knowledge and understanding of Agile Software Development Methodology and incremental delivery
- Exhibits a desire to continuously improve, and shows a track record of improvement
- Should be able to balance operational and development needs of Gartner Research primary web site and properties.
- Should be able to interact well with both internal associates and external clients in resolving operational issues.
- Develop processes to manage operational issues in a timely and efficient manner.
- Identify systemic operational issues and resolve them as well as identifying root causes and process improvements to present similar issues
What you’ll need:
- 4 year degree (Computer Science, Information Systems or relational functional field) and/or equivalent combination of education or work experience
- 2 to 4 years of experience working in an Agile Scrum environment
- Strong experience with the full software development lifecycle and software development methodologies (Agile)
- Excellent organizational and troubleshooting skills with attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of programming documentation processes/procedures
- Strong ability to understand client expectations and to resolve issues that may affect delivery
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a matrix’d organization
- Self-starter, with a demonstrated ability to learn beyond formal training with a strong aptitude for delivering quality products
- Preferred experience with Continuous Integration practices/tools and Open Source Frameworks
Who you are:
- Someone who has significant experience in working directly with Business users in problem solving
- Able to lead and execute a mix of small/medium sized projects simultaneously
- Excellent Communication and Prioritization skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively across the IT organization (infrastructure/test/back office groups).
- Ability to pick up Gartner domain knowledge quickly
- Ability to work independently or within a team, proactively, in a fast-paced AGILE-SCRUM environment.
- Owns success – Takes responsibility for successful delivery of the solutions.
- Strong desire to improve upon their skills in software development, frameworks and technologies
- A team player who can comfortably work with distributed teams across the globe.
- Attentive to details and well organized.
- Coachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading research and advisory company. The company helps business leaders across all major functions in every industry and enterprise size with the objective insights they need to make the right decisions. Gartner’s comprehensive suite of services delivers strategic advice and proven best practices to help clients succeed in their mission-critical priorities. Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has more than 13,000 associates serving clients in 11,000 enterprises in 100 countries. For more information, visit gartner.com.
Job Requisition ID:35037
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top