Project Manager Lead, Gartner Research & Advisory
Project Manager Lead
The Project Manager Lead spends significant time on project management responsibilities that include functional development and performance management of team, meeting project commitments, lead planning, resource management, conflict resolution, and working with business partners to define and plan appropriate solutions to deliver against business objectives.
- Utilize analytical skills to make critical decisions and solve problems.
- Assess project statistical data to manage risk.
- Anticipate and manage change in a quickly moving environment.
- Leverage advanced knowledge of the business and project management skills to succeed as a senior project manager.
- Set realistic goals and appropriate strategies for achieving these goals.
- Provide coaching and guidance about every aspect of project ownership so that the team can understand tasks fully and act on them efficiently.
- Identify all internal and external resources required to complete projects successfully.
- Continuously evaluate the performance of all team members and develop techniques for distributing tasks according to the skills of team members.
- Build, implement, and socialize best practices for performing project management tasks across the business and creative team.
- Provide project managers with feedback, encouragement, and guidance.
- Troubleshoot problems that come up during projects and turn around project performance to generate success.
- Lower project risks by anticipating, identifying, and mitigating project risk factors.
- Act quickly to determine problems and make appropriate decisions to solve them while continuously assessing the health of a project.
- Contribute in the selection process of new project management hires.
- Understand business drivers and make on-going decisions based on what’s best, even if that means challenging senior stakeholders.
- Identifies, develops, and initiates innovations and solutions where precedents and procedures don’t exist.
- Promotes knowledge of team’s work.
- Provides leadership and direction setting for business partners and internal teams.
Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years project management experience
- 2+ years management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Demonstrates leadership by example with integrity and candor
- Ability to complete projects on time
- Demonstrated experience performing projects at-risk
- Excellent communication, organization, time-management, and leadership skills
- Demonstrates superior inter-personal skills, conflict resolution, and negotiation skills
Job ID 00020449
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Regional Vice President, Sales
Erin oversees more than $40 million of business for Gartner while guiding and supporting five separate teams of account executives throughout the greater New York City territory.
Back to top