What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role:
This role would entail working through large volumes of data to come up with business insights. You will also have opportunities to work on several business initiatives and be empowered to lead problem solving. You will work in partnership with our service organizations to track leading and lagging indicators while identifying opportunities to improve productivity as well as improvements in client retention. You will focus on continuous improvement in the business analytics and reporting team and proactively identify ways to work more smartly through automating your regular reports. This is an excellent opportunity to be in high-impact teams, where you can truly develop your skill set and knowledge and bring impact to the business.
What you’ll do:
- Be the subject matter expert and facilitator for all analytics related to service organizations you are aligned to
- Create timely and accurate reporting for 1-2 business units. Work with BU leadership to define the right KPI/objectives for BU and design reporting, Ops review and calibration materials for the BU
- Monitor mailboxes for assigned BU’s and respond timely to clients questions and clarifications. Audit and resolve any issues as highlighted by business partners in a timely and professional manner
- Drive innovation to come up with new analytics providing new business insights; automate regular reports using tools like VBA Macros, Power BI, R , Python
- Drive descriptive and prescriptive analytics at root cause level with direct business impact.
- Drive statistical analyses like Multivariate, Decision trees, Logistic regression etc. using latest tools like R and Python that will have direct impact on client engagement and retention
- Provide intelligence to track progress on several improvement initiatives being run in the organization. Own the success of such initiatives through deep-dives, pilots and large scale roll outs
- Create monthly business performance package which communicates performance in key measures and provides commentary in terms of key messages the data shows.
- Conduct both directed and proactive analysis on various aspects of the business units supported to help improve client retention, service productivity leveraging both leading and lagging indicators
- Work with minimal supervision and demonstrate good decision making skills, prioritizing tasks to meet critical deadlines and providing proactive and professional support to wider team
What you’ll need:
- Engineering and Maths graduates
- Overall 2-5 years of experience
- 2-3 experience in business analytics, reporting or data science
- Strong Microsoft Office expertise – Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Knowledge of one or more of the following preferred – R, Python, SQL, VBA Macros, MS-Access, Power BI
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Analytical thinker with experience in deriving business insights from data analytics
- Detail-oriented with high personal standard for quality
- Experience developing and maintaining management reports in Excel or BI tools like Power BI
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
Who you are:
- You love quantitative problem solving and are excited about representing business information using numbers
- You want to engage senior clients in data-driven discussions and act as an consultant to the business teams
- You want to grow deep into business reporting, business analytics and data science field as a long term career while still develop necessary business acumen
What we offer
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner sales associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Flexible work environment
- A great work culture
About Gartner :
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A.– Visit gartner.com to learn more.
Job ID 00014160
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Regional Vice President, Sales
Erin oversees more than $40 million of business for Gartner while guiding and supporting five separate teams of account executives throughout the greater New York City territory.
Back to top