What makes Gartner Conferences a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you'll be a part of a team that serves more than 75,000 business and technology leaders at 75+ global conferences each year. You’ll work with curious, motivated people, have unlimited growth opportunities, and learn about the latest in technology and business. Our Conferences team is growing in double digits and is positioned to exceed that growth in 2019 and beyond. If you enjoy challenging yourself, connecting with people and pushing the limits of your career, Gartner is the place for you.
Gartner Conferences - Program Manager
Gartner, Inc., is the world's leading research and advisory company and a member of the S&P 500. We equip business leaders with indispensable insights, advice and tools to achieve their mission-critical priorities and build the successful organizations of tomorrow.
Our unmatched combination of expert-led, practitioner-sourced and data-driven research steers clients toward the right decisions on the issues that matter most. We're trusted as an objective resource and critical partner by more than 12,000 organizations in more than 100 countries—across all major functions, in every industry and enterprise size.
Gartner Conferences provides world-class IT, Marketing, Sales, Legal and Human Resources conferences across every core business area.
This position is responsible for driving and supporting key Program Management team activities and strategies that aim to create “must attend” content, programs, and experiences, and drive Gartner conference portfolio growth.
The Program Manager will work on specific conferences alongside a lead PM or global product champion, as well as on cross portfolio activities, with a view to:
- Gain deep understanding of our attendee profiles and needs
- Create compelling conference agendas in collaboration with Gartner Research based on client and market demand.
- Execute product strategies that deliver growth, profitability and client retention in collaboration with all conference stakeholders (Research, Marketing/Audience Acquisition, Sponsorship, Operations, etc.)
Specifically, the Program Manager will drive, or assist a lead PM or global product champion, on the following:
- Conduct primary and secondary market research in order to understand client issues
- Manage advisory board activities for a selected set of conferences
- Conduct analysis of various data and circulate insights, recommendations: attendee or sponsor profile, research consumption patterns, conference attendance patterns, satisfaction trends etc.
- Support the creation of key PM documents and presentations: conference kickoffs, wrap ups, business cases etc.
- Identify and define target audience and sponsors for certain conferences
- Identify and evaluate competitive events
- Create client-focused programs that will deliver the highest results
- Secure and managing keynote speakers, panels and case studies pre event process and onsite execution.
- Supporting the PM team in managing senior leadership circles pre event process and onsite execution.
- Review sponsor and case study speakers content quality, and help drive continuous content quality improvement
- Evangelize and promote portfolio conferences to internal and external constituents
- Innovate conference experiences, content and formats
- Contribute to development and execution of conference portfolio strategy, in collaboration with lead PMs other global colleagues & stakeholders
- Support PM team collaboration with conference marketing and database teams to create effective audience targeting, and compelling campaigns to drive growth and increase retention, as well as assist in the development of partnerships with associates, user groups, and media sources
- Support PM team collaboration with conference sales to identify prospective sponsors/exhibitors, accelerate the sales process and increase retention
- Support PM team collaboration with Event Operations to ensure efficient and cost-effective solutions to achieve optimal attendee and sponsor experiences
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-5 years experience as conference producer/ experience including content/ agenda development, speaker management preferred
- Convention, conference or content-rich program planning experience is a must.
- Proven track record creating and executing strategy
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly collaborative matrix environment, with strong stakeholder management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Desire for global / multinational event experience
- Good multi-project management, prioritization, time management capacity
- IT familiarity or interest a plus
- Ability to accommodate moderate travel, including international
Job Requisition ID:38030
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
See Inside the Office of Gartner
Gartner is known as the world's leading research and advisory company. But what exactly does that mean? Gartner's teams conduct research, then design products and services based on those objective insights to help clients make the right decisions and be successful. The focus is C-suite senior executives and their teams across the enterprise.
Back to top