Program Director, Sales Ops
What makes Gartner Sales a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll set your career on track for outstanding achievement with a company that knows no limits. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our sales associates earn a competitive base salary, uncapped commissions and exceptional benefits — along with top training and support, and all-expenses-paid luxury incentive trips for high performers. If you’re coachable, persistent, smart, executive-savvy, and looking for your next great adventure, Gartner is the place for you.
The primary purpose of this role is to drive revenue growth through the strategy development and tactical execution of programs to drive higher new business and retention. This will encompass planning and development activities such as program design and execution, process improvement and the rollout of existing programs to new areas. The person will lead execution with support from BU partners and sales leaders. The role functions also include communication, analytical and reporting functions to identify actionable insights, track progress, and impact (ROI) to make necessary ongoing enhancements. The role should fulfil all requirements of planned and ad-hoc activities to meet the needs of a specific region.
Create and execute on programs to drive double digit growth and higher retention across the AEMSE sales channel:
- Partner with LOB leaders and resources on development and delivery of enhanced Growth Programs (for example, ExPonential+ and other programs)
- Provide cross functional program support on these growth programs to sales teams
- Collaborate and coordinate with RES, Marketing, Events, and various LoB (EU & HT Products & Services, ExP, EITL, EUP) to help AEs find the best resources for prospects identified on Engagement Framework/White Space.
Manage and support the end to end roll out for new experience and engagement programs for clients (e.g. AEMSE Specific Marketing/Events Program), and collaborate with SLD for delivering ongoing training and development
- Define and scope the program
- Determine right client audience, and subsequent internal support (i.e., analysts, service delivery partners) to participate
- Identify and outline sessions/agenda of the program
- Attend events (where possible) to ensure seamless execution
- Solicit feedback, drive analytics and implement enhancements for future versions
Other specific activities:
- Be an advocate for change and drive and improvements with Sales leadership
- Effectively communicate the "WHY" for the programs and ensure sales buy-in this would include not just general communication but delivery of group/1:1 sessions
- Drive execution with Sales teams by using proven sales practices - the "HOW" to do it. Work with SLD to create and deliver effective coaching/training sessions
- Monitor and track progress to ensure that specific activities (the "WHAT") related to the program are being executed effectively across the channel
- Create and manage roadmap of enhancements for each program/process. Execute these enhancements for ongoing improvement. Lead iterative program improvement plans with Sales Ops Leaders and Line-of-Business partners (EU/HT Product Management, Research, EXP, EITL, etc)
- Communicate effectively at all levels up to and including sales EVP level: proactively, in regular sessions and in response to ad-hoc requests
- Support other sales channels (in addition to AEMSE) on as needed basis
- Support sales S/GVP and Sales Ops Leader in carrying out various sales operations related activities
Analytics, Reporting and Continuous Improvement:
- Capture and share best practices on a regular basis
- Establish processes to collect and conduct key analytics to drive Sales business initiatives
- Analyze leading and lagging indicator data to identify gaps and opportunities, and evaluate possible solutions for implementation
- Capture and analyze impact and ROI of programs to drive future enhancements
- Make prioritized recommendations based on estimated return and/or benefit to the business.
- Train, mentor and coach peers
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent, Master's degree preferred
- 5+ years total business experience.
- 2+ years of sales management experience in a business-to-business sales environment.
- 1-2+ years of internal Gartner experience preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in successfully managing growth initiatives
- Strong facilitation, communication, leadership and influence skills
- Ability to develop strong credibility with Sales leadership and become a trusted advisor.
- Proven ability to understand business initiatives and challenges, and to recommend business solutions using fact-based analytics
- Ability to build partnerships and collaborate across lines of businesses
- Excellent program management and communications skills
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Executive presence, facilitation, and leadership qualities
- Strong ability and desire to build credibility and develop trusted relationships
- Highly skilled in using tools and technical knowledge to analyze data to develop insights and make decisions and drive actions based on those insights
- Curiosity, can-do attitude, conviction, confidence, coachability
Job Requisition ID:29323
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top